Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 We had a church potluck recently and I was looking for a crock pot meal to take.  That way I could plug it in when I got there and we wouldn't have to run home between the service and the meal.

I found this chicken and rice recipe.  It was good and I went home with an empty crock pot!





Parmesan Chicken and Rice
4 to 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts about 2 lbs, cut into bite size pieces
2 (10.5-oz) cans cream of chicken
package Lipton Onioni Soup & Dip Mix
 cups milk
1 cup regular long-grain rice
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup grated parmesan

Spray the insert of the slow cooker with cooking spray. 
Mix together the cream of chicken soup, Lipton Soup Mix, milk, and regular rice. Stir in chicken. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. 
Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 3 or 4 hours, or on low for 6-7 hours.
If rice mixture is too thick, add water, chicken broth or additional milk to thin out.
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top shortly before serving.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks so good! Lucky congregation!

roentare said...

You must be a great chef. The dishes are looking so good in your photos.

Hootin Anni said...

Yum!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks really good! Thanks for the meal idea!

Suemn said...

This looks and sounds so good to me. It looks to be easy to make too:) I will for sure have to try it in the near future.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Super crock pot idea!!!!!!

🍁🌰🌻🍂🎃🍂🌻🌰🍁

happyone said...

Sure looks good. Must have been a hit to bring the crock pot home empty!

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

I'm so glad you posted this recipe. We're having Homecoming this Sunday at our church and this will be perfect. It looks delicious!

Sandy said...

That sounds and looks really good. Thanks for sharing. It's that time of the year I need to bring up the crock pot from the basement.
Sandy's Space

Terri D said...

Sounds delicious!! Thanks, Mari!

Billie Jo said...

Yummmm! I am saving this one! Thank you, my friend.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well that looks delicious! My family will love this! xoxo

Catherine said...

It looks very good and tasty