Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 I tried a new recipe for breakfast recently.  These can be made ahead and put in the freezer, then popped into the microwave for a quick breakfast. I thought it would be nice for Bob to have something different for breakfast.  They were easy to make and a big hit with Bob!  I'll definitely be making them again.


Breakfast Bites

36 Tator tots
6 eggs
splash of milk
3 strips cooked bacon or bacon bits
Cheddar cheese
Finely diced green peppers
Salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick spray.
Place 3 tator tots in each muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes.
While they bake, scramble eggs and milk.
Remove and smash tots with a glass or a fork.
Pour eggs over the smashed tots, then top with cheese, green pepper and bacon.
Bake for another 10 minutes until eggs are cooked through.
Remove from muffin tins and freeze.  Microwave 30-45 seconds.
*Next time I make these, I will use muffin liners. Even though I sprayed the tins, they were hard to get out and beastly to clean!

18 comments:

Debby said...

Oh those sound good. Yeah I’d use liners as well. Thanks for another good recipe.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have made this! It IS really good!

Catherine said...

It sounds a good recipe for a breakfast I should try my husband having no time to eat for lunch.

Hootin Anni said...

I can see why they're a big hit. Tasty and little clean-up afterward. Fantastic.

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

They look delicious, Mari! But here in Portugal we don't have tater tots.
Do you know of something that might substitute them?
Thanks!
:)

Mari said...

Paula - I think you could just use some hash browns. Then you wouldn't have to press them down with a cup either.

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

Thanks, Mari, but we don't have hash browns either, unless I make them from scratch! ;P
Sorry!
Any other suggestions?
:)

Changes in the wind said...

What a great little recipe, thanks for sharing.

Jeanette said...

Those sound really good and I am going to make them. I always use muffin tin liners because cleaning the muffin tin is my least favorite thing to do! Thanks for the recipe!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Cool idea!!!

But yes, muffin cups would make the process, that much nicer. :-)

🍁🌰🌻🍂🎃🍂🌻🌰🍁
"Hark! The wind is rising,
And the air is full of leaves.
We've had our summer evenings.
Now, for October Eves."

Doris said...

This sounds amazing. Gotta love something simple in the morning!

Terri D said...

You had me at Tater Tots. Oh, how I love Tater Tots!! LOL This is a great idea! I got tired of boiled eggs but don't always have time to scramble eggs in the morning. Saving this one and thanks for sharing!! xo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Absolutely stealing this! One of my fave breakfast bakes is one with tater tots all over the top. But this would be quick and easy for lots of things as you mentioned. Thanks for sharing Love! 😋

happyone said...

They sure look good!!

Mari said...

Paula - I wish I had another idea!

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

Thank you anyway, Mari!
I guess I'll have to think of something that could substitute those.
:)

Susan said...

That recipe looks really good! I might have to try that.

Sally said...

Okay, now I'm drooling! 11 o'clock at night. :)

Those look really good. I'm going to make them one day.

xoxo