Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 I had to bring goodies to a church function recently and tried out a recipe I had saved for some bar cookies.  These had toffee bits in them, which I think are so good.  They turned out yummy and chewy, with some chocolate goodness too!





Chocolate Toffee Blondies

  • 1-⅔ cup Flour
  • ¾ teaspoons Baking Soda
  • ½ teaspoons Salt
  • ¾ cups Unsalted Butter, At Room Temperature
  • 1-⅛ cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 large Egg
  • 1-½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
  • 1 cup Toffee Bits
  • Preheat oven to 350 F and coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.

    Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.

    Beat butter and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture. Beat just until flour is incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.

    Scrape batter into the prepared baking dish and use a sheet of parchment to press the dough evenly into the pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes, or until edges are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Remove from oven to cool completely in pan on top of a wire rack.

    Just before cutting it into bars, move pan to the refrigerator and chill for 15 minutes. Then cut into squares with a sharp knife. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.


15 comments:

Jan said...

Those sound yummy!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those look so delicious! I will have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing another good recipe!

Ginny Hartzler said...

They look so yummy!

Hootin Anni said...

Bud would love these (I can't have anything chocolate).

R's Rue said...

Yum

Deb said...

Mmmm, yummy!

Jeanette said...

Those look so good! they remind me of a low carb blondie recipe I have that uses garbanzo beans instead of flour. I'll have to dig that out!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Wow I can see me making these! Duly copied! They look scrumptious xoxo

Beside a babbling brook... said...

-sighhhhhhhh-

-smile-

💛 🌟 💛 🌟 💛

Billie Jo said...

Hi! Thank you for sharing this! I am going to share it with Peyton! She is my baker! Have a cozy afternoon, my friend.

happyone said...

Another good one!!

Susan said...

You always have great recipes!!!

Beth Cotell said...

Yum!!! These look delicious! I love a nice chewy cookie!

Debi said...

I've always loved going to the pumpkin patch... with or without the grands! Looks like you had a wonderful time. It's so nice that you live close enough to do thing together. Have a great week!

Terri D said...

You had me at toffee!! Thanks, Mari!