Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 Here's a tasty meal to throw together in your crock pot.  I made it last week and Bob remarked on how good it was.  It's really quick to make and is tasty with sun dried tomatoes in it. Since there are only the two of us, we had leftovers, but it tasted just as good when we heated it up.  



Creamy Tuscan Chicken

1  package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1  jar (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
1  jar (7 oz) sundried tomato strips, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 cup) 
1/4  cup grated Parmesan cheese  
1  teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup chopped spinach
Pasta of your choice

Sear chicken breasts on each side, about 3 minutes per side until browned.
Stir together pasta sauce, sundried tomatoes, parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning in crock pot.
Place chicken breasts into sauce and cover them.
Cook on low for 4-5 hours until chicken is cooked through.
Stir in spinach and cook for 5 minutes.
Serve over cooked pasta. Sprinkle a little parmesan on top if desired.

* The recipe says to serve over cooked pasta.  When it was done, I shredded the chicken and then added the pasta to the chicken mix in the crock pot when it was ready to eat, which I thought made it easier to serve and it also made it easier to save and serve the second time around.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks so yummy! And I know I could make it without a Crock Pot as well! Espeially using rotessirie chicken.

roentare said...

It does look so delish. The gloss over the pasta is just enchanting

Suemn said...

It's that time of year again for stews and pasta recipes:) The recipe looks really good and easy to make.

Jeanette said...

Looks so good! I'm definitely trying this! It would probably be good over cheese tortellini's too!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love absolutely everything about this! Yummy!!!

Terri D said...

Looks and sounds SO GOOD! Thanks, Mari!

Sandi said...

Alfredo sauce...mmm!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Yummmmmmm..... love crock pot and leftovers!

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

happyone said...

Yummy!! Sure looks good! Love having left overs - a day you don't have to cook. :)

Catherine said...

I am hungry just looking at the picture

My Tata's Cottage said...

Looks wonderfully delicious. Y U M !

Latane Barton said...

Wow, that does look good. I'd love to make that but unfortunately I was recently put on a lactose-free diet and guess what... I bet you anything that alfredo sauce has mile in it and then there is the cheese. It was a great idea anyway!

A Joyful Cottage said...

Oh, I gotta make this! Thanks for the recipe. xo

Sally said...

How delightful! I'll try this when no one here first. They like to kid me about my cooking skills! :)

xoxo