Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Alaina spends the night

 This weekend, Alaina spent the night with us by herself.  Ruby was supposed to be having a friend spend the night, but Ruby ended up sick so it was cancelled.  We decided to still have Alaina come over.
Just like we did when Ruby came, we told Alaina she could choose where to go for supper.  




Her favorite place lately is Culvers, so that's where we went.



While we were sitting there, she showed us how to make a snake with our hands.  Can you see the snake tongue and the eyes? Bob and I decided our hands are not nearly as flexible as hers.




When we got home, Bob had something for her.  He had a nice little Nikon camera he wasn't using and thought she would enjoy taking pictures, so he gave it to her.  Here she is learning how it works.




and trying it out herself!





On Saturday we had a craft to do that involved leaves.  The table was full of them!




Look at this giant leaf that Alaina found!



We were making a wreath, stringing leaves onto a wire hanger.




Making progress!  Once we got the leaves on, it was very hard to twist that wire together.  I decided that if I ever do it again, I'll just buy heavy duty wire that's a little more user friendly than a hanger!



Here's the finished wreath.  It turned out really cute!





We went and had lunch and stopped to see Great Grandpa and Great Grandma before going home.  When we got Alaina home, we found Ruby back to feeling fine.

We enjoyed our one on one time with Alaina!

21 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That's a great wreath you made. You always have so much fun with your granddaughters. Hope you have a Happy Halloween and a good week!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The wreath is gorgeous, your best craft yet! What a huge gift the camera is, it may be opening a new hobby to her, who knows where it could lead? Let us know how Ruby is doing.

Sally said...

So glad that Ruby is now feeling better! Alaina is growing up so fast and really a beautiful girl. The wreath is adorable, great job!

Her smile is so pretty with your dad and he looks happy. :)

xoxo

roentare said...

It is certainly a rewarding day for you. The leaves are just so big to string together. Fantastic!

Hootin Anni said...

Your craft project is a perfect choice for the season. And her smile!!! She's beautiful.

KEV. Robertson. said...

It is good Mari that you have Craft activities for Alaina- good times together for sure.

Changes in the wind said...

That was one big leaf!! Loved the wreath and she has a terrific smile.

R's Rue said...

How sweet.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

A rare and quite special time for her...

Having the time with you, all to herself.

Help! Could you please show me, how her name is pronounced? I can't seem to work it out myself. I'm sure it's as lovely as she is, but I am DENSE!!!! -smile-

🍁🌰🌻🍂🎃🍂🌻🌰🍁
"Hark! The wind is rising,
And the air is full of leaves.
We've had our summer evenings.
Now, for October Eves."

Jeanette said...

I'm sure Alaina loved it too! That wreath is super cute!

DUTA said...

Alaina's charming! Spending time with her is a great treat!

Billie Jo said...

She is adorable! What a great time you had planned for her! I love the craft. What a great idea! Have a cozy evening, my friend. Happy Halloween!

Terri D said...

Your grandgirls are so sweet and so beautiful (in & out). I love the wreath Alaina made with the leaves! Very nice! We have a new Culvers in Lakeland and I keep telling myself to go try it and just haven't yet. It's 9 miles away in the north end of town. I always love reading about the fun you have with the girls! xo

Suemn said...

It looks like both Ruby and Alaina enjoyed their one on one time with you and Bob. That wreath really did turn out nice.

happyone said...

The wreath turned out wonderful.
You always have such neat things to do at your house!

Mari said...

BB - Alaina's name is pronounced Ah-Lane-ah. :)

Debi said...

Love the wreath you made. We're going to see a couple of our grands next weekend and I just might gather up some leaves and take them with me so my granddaughter and I can make a wreath (or two!). I love having our grands one on one every once in a while. It doesn't happen as much as it used to since the little ones all live away. Glad Ruby is feeling better. Have a great week.

Debby said...

So sweet - you are blessed.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

What awesome photos of your family. So glad you could go to the park. The pictures are stunning.

Jean said...

What a good time with Alaina!

That Nikon camera reminds me of one I used to have. It took really good pictures until I truly wore it out!

Jenny the Pirate said...

WOW that wreath is so special! What a great idea! Alaina has great taste, choosing Culver's. Too many calories for me but WOW that's a good hamburger! She's becoming such a beautiful young lady. xoxo