Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

Here's what I've been up to!

I had the day off today and had a nice treat. For Mother's Day this year the kids gave me a gift certificate to a Day Spa. I had a manicure with a paraffin wax treatment and a pedicure with a sea salt scrub, along with a foot and lower leg massage. Now doesn't that sound wonderful? It was a very relaxing treat. I had been saving the gift certificate to use and thought this would be a good time as we are leaving later this week for vacation. The idea behind this was that my manicure would stay nice longer since I wouldn't be messing my hands up at work. Sounds good, right? I stayed the amount of time I was supposed to, letting my nails dry. I paid and left, only to realize when I got in my van, that I had already messed up one of the nails! This is quite typical for me. I can tell you though, that my feet look lovely, my toenails are polished and my heels are smooth! Maybe they will stay that way for awhile!
**********************************************************************************
Here is what I worked on at the end of last week. I have been wanting to paint my front door for a while. The last time I painted it, I chose a green color, that ended up darker than I thought it would be, but it was alright. I wanted the door to stand out, so I chose red this time. We put little paint stickers on the door, and with Laura and Heather's help, we picked out a color. After priming the door and putting on two coats, it was red. Quite bright red! I knew, there was more painting in my future! The paint was tinted darker and two more coats of paint later, you see the finished product.


I'm happy with this color. What do you think?
**********************************************************************************
I mentioned my messed up manicure above. I have passed on this graceful gene to my daughter, Laura. If you don't normally read her blog, you should check out this post from earlier today.
**********************************************************************************
Some of you may remember earlier this summer when I won a CD. The group was Monk and Neagle and the name of the album was "The Twenty First Time". The copy I got was a pre -release, but tomorrow, September 18 is the day it will be released to the public. I highly recommend this CD. It will be going with us on vacation, because I am still not sick of it. If you want to see what they sound like, click on the icon on my sidebar. It should be available wherever you buy contemporary Christian music.


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That does sound like fun!! Thank you for helping me with my "computer skills" :)

Nate and Brenda said...

The door looks great!!!!

Cheri said...

I think the door looks really good!
I'm so glad that cd is coming out- I loved the songs you shared with me!

Terri said...

The door looks great. I really like the color. Want to come help me with my house? I'd also like the pedicure. I'm the only one who hasn't had one lately!

Laura said...

I love the door! But you knew I would right - with my "Pirate's blood Red" kitchen! I bet it changes the whole look of the house. Cool!

Rebekah said...

I like the color, its about the same as my front door.
I hve just about given up on ever painting my finger nails :)

Unknown said...

The color of your door is bery nice, & I can say I have witnessed your finger nails they look beautiful except for the one you messed up!!!

Sarah Markley said...

I have ALWAYS loved red doors (or maroon)! It looks great!

LeslieW. said...

I like the red! It has character. I have a similar gift certificate from Valentine's that I still haven't used! I better get on that before it runs out!

Dena said...

So I LOVE the red!!! It looks GREAT
I don't even get clear polish on my nails - it comes off sooo quickly!

Megan Cobb said...

I've always wanted a red door. It's gorgeous! ;) Have a great time in SC... I hope it's cooled off some!

A Captured Reflection said...

Ha ha, sounds like me too! Glad you had a good day and the door looks fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Love the door although green is my favorite color.
Your poor nails, too bad for you. At least your feet look mav-va-lous da-ling!

Hey, I was wondering about the CD. I just checked out the sample on their site and it sounded like something I'd love. I'm glad you aren't tired of it yet. I was hoping to go buy it. Now I'm sure I will. Thanks for the thumbs up!

Bonnie said...

Love the paint job !! And I love the flag !! Don't see many (any) American flags hanging outside peoples houses here ! I have one but it is in my sons room ... next to the Australian flag I have ! Looks cool !!

Melissa said...

your door looks great. haha- you sound like me with the nail polish thing. i have a tendency to do the same thing!

I'm Tara. said...

Love, love LOVE the door, Mari!! And yay for pampering. I'm a total spaz and am notorious for not making it out the door of the salon without messing something up. Enjoy!!!