Pages

Monday, September 30, 2024

Retired and Retiring!

Many of you will remember that last year, Bob "retired" from the hardware store he had worked at since 1999. He resigned from his regular position but agreed to continue working 2 days a week just helping on the floor.
The week before we went away, he really retired!  His store had done a nice retirement gala for him the first time around, but they had another sweet send off this time.
They had a potluck lunch which I was invited to join. Bob didn't know about that so he was surprised to see me show up.



During the lunch the owner and some managers did a little thank you and presentation.



They gave him this cool hammer, that they had engraved.




The owner had also written this up and had it hanging up near the lunch area.
Bob was so blessed to work at this place, and to get to know so many people in the community through his work.  He's been a hard work and I know he'll continue working, just in different ways.


So that covers the retired part of the post.  Next up is retiring...
That's me! It was a hard decision for me.  I kept going back and forth since I'm not 65 yet and I really like my job and the people I work with.  However, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which isn't improving.  I would like to be able to do things with Bob before it gets to hard for me.  I'd also like to be more available to our kids and also be able to do more things at church.  So, I finally decided that it's time for me to retire too.  My last day will be November 1.  I know it will be a hard day for me, but also exciting with things to look forward too!
I'll share more as the day gets closer.

No comments: