Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

Here's the pictures!

These pictures go with the post below. Megan - I hope they don't make you too homesick!This is a view of the new Arthur Ravenal Bridge, from Patriots Point.
This is the Yorktown. You can't believe how big it was. It held 3,000 sailors along with 390 officers.

Here is Bob in a Grummond Cougar. This plane was inside the ship, and was only one of many.



This is the view from the top of Fort Sumter.


Laura and Aaron

Heather

A row of cannons along the edge of the Fort.

A view of the Fort as we approached from the ocean.

Do you see that black thing in the water? It's a dolphin - you'll just have to trust me on this!

A bird we saw along the water edge - maybe Dena or Megan can identify it?

The sidewalk along Battery Park. There are Palmetto trees everywhere here and they are really beautiful.

Look at these beautiful houses. It's fun to just walk down the street.
That's it for now - more pictures tomorrow. I hope you don't get sick of looking at them!

post signature


12 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

That there would be your garden variety egret. Although how anything that beautiful could be called garden variety is beyond me. Gorgeous pictures. I hope you had some good seafood tonight, people. An' some sweet-tea.

Rebekah said...

sounds and looks like you are having a great time.

Cheri said...

We would never get sick of seeing the pictures- keep em coming!
I love the picture of the trees- very cool- It looks kind of like beverly hills!

Terri said...

Keep the pictures coming. We love them. It's still hot here today. We set record temps yesterday. It was already 76 at 6:30 this morning. It should cool down tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you in the heat. You'll have to just endure it so that we get to see more!

Dena said...

Thank goodness - I was hoping you would show how awesome this place is and what a beautiful city! DESPITE the palmetto bugs (aka roaches) Downtown is BEAUTIFUL - I actually lived ON rainbow Row in college! Soooo fun!!! I am glad you are enjoying your trip!

Unknown said...

wow, looks like your having a good time, so are we.... Laurie wants you to know her eye is still twitching after working with B--e on mon. but she wants you to know she is soooo happy you are having ha GREAT time!!!!! :0

Unknown said...

MOMMY COME HOME PLEASE!!!!
LAURIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Captured Reflection said...

I am doing a lot better - thanks so much for asking. It is the joy of an early menopause, or heading that direction - so needing to adjust to the tiredness, funny symptoms. I am so enjoying the pics of your holiday - it looks such a beautiful place!

Diane said...

Love the pictures! So happy you're all having a wonderful time. Keep the pictures and posts coming!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Mari. It's time to pass the camera off to someone else. I want to see a picture of YOU. Your family trip looks so much more beautiful than our trips to Dallas. Dallas is not beautiful. The only good part is that our kids are there :)

Rmomof3 said...

Glad to know you are having such a wonderful time!
Sweet blessings!
Renee

Laura said...

Acckkk!! That picture of me is terrible!! See what happens to me in the hot weather!? Not only does it make my face shine and my hair wilt, but apparently it also makes me gain 30 pounds!