Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's been another great day!

What a fun day we had today! We started the day by heading for Summerville where our blogging friend Dena lives and has a store. What a treat to meet someone in person that you have gotten to know from a blog. I can report to you that Dena is as sweet in person as she is in her blog! Even the guys came in and agreed that it was really nice to meet her! Here is a picture of Dena and me. (Ginger - this is for you!)
This is a picture of her store. What a cute place! If I lived in the area I would definitely shop here! She has the cards, stationary, purses, papers, monogrammed items and more.

As an added bonus, we got to meet Annie who had fallen and hurt her nose, and Dena's Mom who was taking Annie to the Dr. We all hope her nose isn't broken!


After we left Dena, we went to Cypress gardens. What a fun stop. (Dena - looks like a great place for you and your sisters to visit with the kids). They have a butterfly pavilion, that was filled with many different types of butterflies.
Aaron spotted this little guy hiding outside. We saw a few different types around the gardens.

We had a tour of the swamp, in a flat bottomed boat. I would have never thought a swamp could be so beautiful. Here's a few turtles we spotted on the ride.

We even saw an alligator sitting on a log!

There were lots of water lilies.

This is another place where several movies were filmed. This bridge was built for the filming of The Patriot. They also filmed The North and the South, The Notebook and a few others that I don't remember.

Here is a beautiful view of the cypress trees in the swamp. These trees live about 600 years and these trees are about 300 years old.
After our boat ride we walked the trails, then drove to Columbia. Tomorrow is family day at the base and I can't wait to see Andy! I will post pictures of him tomorrow, but I don't know what time we will be back at the hotel.

post signature


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a chance to meet Dena. These pictures are beautiful!! Where is Cypress Gardens? If you need some help in Columbia, let me know because I live in Columbia. You can get my number from Dena if you need it. Have fun!!!

Terri said...

Looks like you guys just continue to have fun. What a great trip - and the things you are seeing, amazing. The gardens look awfully cool too - even being in a swamp. And bonus, getting to meet Dena and Annie. Like couldn't get any better!!
(Besides seeing Andy again)

Cheri said...

The pictures look beautiful and I'm sure they didn't do it justice!
I'm am beyond excited for today so I can't even imagine what you're feeling. Post those pictures as soon as you can please!

Unknown said...

Mari, what a treat to meet Dena, & see her store. I think this is one of those vacations you will cherish for a long time...

Diane said...

Your trip has already been wonderful and it's only going to get better today!! So excited for all of you! Can't wait to see pictures of Andy. Give him a huge hug from all of us back home!

Anonymous said...

What fun that you got to meet Dena!! I love meeting people that I have met through the computer!!!

I love her store!!!

What a beautiful place!!!

give Andy a big hug from us all!!

Dena said...

I am SOOOO glad I got to meet y'all - It was a highlight of the year!!! I am always talking about y'all and it was soo nice to meet you!!! I think Cypress Gardens may be a MUST for us! that looks like fun!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your family day with andy! Big Hugs!!! Have a GREAT DAY!!! POST Pictures soon - I am sure Andy will let ya!!!

Annie's nose was NOT broken as we had suspected!!!

LeslieW. said...

Those are gorgeous pictures! so sad I missed ya'll. Enjoy the rest of your trek!

A Captured Reflection said...

I love these photographs. It looks like you are having a fabulous time, and the weather looks awesome!

I'm Tara. said...

What a great trip you are having!! So fun to meet a bloggy friend. Wanna swing wayyyy out westish? :)

A Captured Reflection said...

Thanks for your lovely comment :-). We are making the most of the School holidays, soon in term time we get caught up with all the routine - it's lovely to be able to chill and enjoy 'smelling the roses' in the hols.

Rebekah said...

Those are great pictures. Reminds me of growing up in North Florida. How neat that you got to meet a blogger friend.

Anonymous said...

Your vacation pictures are so beautiful---I love them!!