Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday

Today is Thursday and you know what that means! It's time for another crock pot recipe. I love my crock pot. As a matter of fact I have several crock pots in different sizes, for different recipes. Since I have found Sandra's blog I find I am using them even more. I have gotten some great recipes from the girls that post on her site. Here is my recipe for today.

Chicken Parmigiana
1 egg
1 cup dried bread crumbs
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar pizza sauce (10.5 oz.)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
6 slices mozzarella cheese
Beat egg in shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in another bowl. Dip chicken into egg, then bread crumbs, coating meat with crumbs on all sides. Saute chicken in large non stick skillet. Arrange one layer on chicken in crock pot. Pour 1/2 of pizza sauce on top. Add second layer of chicken. Pour remaining sauce over top and cover. Cook on low for 6-7 hours until chicken is tender but not dry. Just before it is done, sprinkle parmesan cheese over each breast and top with a slice of mozzarella. Cover and cook for another 15 minutes. Enjoy!

Visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM for more great recipes!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOoks like a good recipe. Thanks for sharing!

MJ

Unknown said...

Yummy this is one I will try for sure!!!!

Terri said...

This looks like a good and easy recipe. I bet Mom would have loved it! I think I'll be giving this a try.

Anonymous said...

I would love to try this one!! Does the breading stay on the chicken in the crockpot? Yummy recipe.

Cheri said...

Sounds good- looks like we're all making chicken lately!

Anonymous said...

Yummy. This will go in my recipe list.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Renee said...

This looks really tasty! I've bookmarked it to try out soon. THanks!

Rmomof3 said...

Sounds delicious Mari!!!!!

Sweet blessings!
Renee

Sandra said...

This looks great, Yummy :)

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great Chicken Parmiaga recipe. I have not heard of making it in the slow cooker. I always thought you had to bake it. Coolness. :-)