Pages

Friday, August 31, 2007

Our shopping trip














Tonight Bob and I visited a local Nursery. This business is actually a large wholesale grower, but in the spring and fall they open their doors to the public for about a week. We usually try to go whenever they have the sale. It is a huge area covered with trees, bushes and perennial plants all for good prices. It's fun just to walk around and look at all the plants and trees. This year we were looking for a bush to replace one that suddenly died in our front landscaping, and we have been thinking of purchasing some blue spruce trees to put on the edge of our side yard. As you see in the picture above, we were successful. We found an arborvitae for the front and 3 nice blue spruce trees. They didn't seem so big on the cart, but when in was time to put them in the van, I thought we may have a problem! The arborvitae ended up in the middle of the van and the trees were crammed into the back. You can't tell on the picture but we had to tilt them just to get their tops to fit in the van. We had fun looking although bob thought I was a little "off" when I started taking pictures for the blog. He just shook his head. The trees and bush are all home now, they just have to be planted!

8 comments:

Megan Cobb said...

OH yeah. Got me a little blue spruce envy. I'm wanting a couple/three of those myself. We can plant those now and they'll survive?

Mari said...

Megan - fall is a great time to plant trees. It lets them "settle in" before they have to go through the stress of summer with heat and dry times. This would be a good time for you to get a few!

Terri said...

Can't wait to see all the things that you do with your yard again!

Cheri said...

I'm laughing because Mark used to shake his head at me taking my camera everywhere in case a "blogging moment" happened.
He'll get used to it!

Unknown said...

Isn't that a great place, I was there Sat. I'm looking for a red maple tree but not sure how I will get it home.... I will ponder on that... Have fun planting!!!

Rebekah said...

I was out blog walking and re-found your blog from OwlHavens childhood homes.
My husband always rolls his eyes at me when I talk about posting something on my blog. He was being silly one night and I laughed saying I would have to 'blog' about that. He laughed and said I better not... but I did :)
I planted a tree this spring and crossed my fingers when it got so hot and dry. whew, it's still alive so I hope it stays that way

Saija said...

we've been fortunate to live in areas where we an dig up trees from the forest and plant in our yard ... we've done ALOT of that in years past ...

this year, i did buy 2 cedars to plant here at the condo ... since leo isn't up to things like that anymore ... and i hope they take - they seem to have rooted well ...

hope you get many years of enjoyment out of them!!!!

Laura said...

That's so funny - I can just see him shaking his head. Aaron shakes his head alot too - he couldn't believe I posted about "Laura Parton!"

The trees will look very nice when they're in!