Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Oh, the excitement!

Saturday I was on the computer, checking my favorite blogs. Imagine my surprise when I see my name and blog mentioned. Yes, you heard it right! Megan, at Fried Okra has given me the Rockin' Girl Blogger award. If you want to see the nice things she says, go here. (and I don't want to hear you choking or gagging after you read it. She is very generous!) I love this blogging thing because of people like Megan. I haven't known her long, and we have never met in person, but I have gotten to know a lot about her, by the things she writes and would love to spend time with her. Her blog is on my favorites list and I check to see what she has to say everyday. She is a talented writer, who will make you feel like you are there with her when she describes things. She frequently has me laughing out loud in front of my computer. For an example of that, go here or here. My regular readers know that I have mentioned her before and if you haven't yet, go check out her blog!
I now have the joy of giving this award to someone else. After thinking about who I should bestow this on, I am passing it on to Nancy, from
In my neck of the woods. Nancy is a nurse who works with me at a Long Term Care Facility. She is a fairly new blogger who often posts beautiful pictures of nature. These pictures may come from her yard or someplace that she has visited, but she has the ability to see more than just a beautiful photo. She always has something thought provoking or a scripture verse to put with it, that will bless you or make you think. Because I know her, I can tell you that she is just as wise and caring in person as she is on her blog. Go check out her blog - I guarantee that you will be blessed. Congratulations Nancy - you rock!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, you so deserve the rockin blogger aware!!!!!
And thanks for the kind words for me....I am impressed & humbled...

Laura said...

Congratulations - you deserve it you little kindness fairy! :)

Unknown said...

Of course you know I ment award!!! My fingers didn't do such good walking over the key board.

Cheri said...

Congrats- you are doing a great job with your blog!!

Megan Cobb said...

You deserved it! Wear it with pride, you rockin' Gal. And thanks for your kindness toward me and my little blog. I am humbled and grateful!

Saija said...

:o)
i hear the excitement ... *grinning* ... i've been at nancy's blog, and that's great you encouraged her along too!

blessings on ya, as you keep blogging & sharing your faith!

Terri said...

Wow, I feel honored to personally know someone with the Rockin' girl award. Big time congratulations!!

Rmomof3 said...

Congrats on the award! What an honor!
Sweet blessings!
Renee

P.S. I want to try the chicken over biscuits. Will you send that recipe my way?