Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday


The recipe I am posting today is so easy it can hardly be called a recipe! It's also low fat but don't tell your family - they'll never know! I have been making this for quite a few years and everyone in my family likes it. I like to serve it with green beans and sometimes some wild rice on the side.
Salsa Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar salsa (about 1 1/2 cups - any brand or type)
shredded cheddar cheese to taste
Place chicken in crock pot. Pour salsa over top. Bake on low for 6-7 hours. About 5 minutes before serving, sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the chicken and allow to melt.
If you want to see more slow cooker recipes visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

WOW ! That looks so easy ! And yummy ! I need to try it ... but first I have to replace my crock pot. Last time I used it I came to check the meal at dinner time and it hadn't cooked at all !! The heating element was dead ! So ... into the garbage with that ! The inside dish makes a good place to store my potatoes though !!

Sandra said...

Oh this looks SO good........I can't wait to try it :)

Kyra said...

Sounds great!

Anonymous said...

yummy! I got to try this

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I'm blue too! That was kinda interesting. Hope you had an awesome day today!

Diane

Eleisia said...

The Salsa Chicken recipe sounds yummy and best of all simple to make!

Come on over to In the Kitchen at Two Moms and enter the blog contest. Winner receives a cookbook and bottle of Watkins vanilla.
http://www.twomomsinablog.com/inthekitchen/

Saija said...

mmmmmmm ... i have to cook bland for leo's stomach - but that sounds great with the salsa! yum!

Michelle said...

thank you for posting this recipe.I can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

This looks good.. Thanks for sharing.


MJ

Mrs. Pear said...

This sounds great! I am making it tonight because it is just SO hot here!