Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

It's our anniversay!

Today (August 21) is our anniversary. We have been married 26 years. It doesn't seem like it has been that long, but these pictures tell a different story!
Bob no longer has a full head of hair, although his weight is about the same as it was the day we married. I, on the other hand have a few more gray hairs and quite a few more pounds!
We were 20 and 23 years old when we got married. We thought we were quite mature and had our lives all planned. Well - we found out that things don't always go the way you plan them and we matured a little along the way
One of the other things we have learned is that God does know what is in store for us and he sticks beside you through good and bad. He has taken care of us through job loss, lack of money and a few health issues with our kids. We can say we have truly been blessed. We have 3 great kids who are now grown and 1 is married. We both have jobs and are in good health. That is a lot to be thankful for!

I can also say I am thankful for the husband God gave me. He has been a loving, caring, funny Dad to our kids and husband to me. He is always there for me when I need him and has been my best friend for all these years. It has been a good 26 years!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you! I thank God for putting you in my life and count it a blessing! I hope you both have a wonderful day and continue to grow with each other both spiritually and physically! May God bless you with many, many more years together!

Love you!!
Diane

Unknown said...

ahhhh!!! Mari, Happy Anniversary, you two are so cute together then & now.... God does give us many Blessings in the form of husbands, even if we sometimes don't admit it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Happy Anniversary!!! Great pictures!!

You have a wonderful family and I am so happy I have been able to get to know you!!!

Your whole family has been such a blessing to us!!

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary Dad and Mom. You are truly the best parents anyone could ask for and we have been and still are so blessed to have you. We love you so, so very much and are planning on two more sets of 26 years of you two together!

julie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! May God bless you with MANY more!!

Love,
julie

Cheri said...

Happy Anniversary!!
It doesn't seem like 26 years already.
Hope you had a great day together.

Terri said...

Happy Anniversary. Can you believe it's been that long? I remember getting out of work on the muck fields early so that I could be there, getting ready. I think we watched Princess Diana get married shortly before you did. I think that may be where you got some wedding ideas!

Megan Cobb said...

Congratulations! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE.

What's the most important lesson you've learned about marriage and men in your 26 years that you can pass along to the newbies at this marriage gig?

Anonymous said...

Awe, you guys are too cute :) God Bless you both and may you have many more years together.
Dawn S.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm the one that's been blessed. God gave me a woman that would put up with all my faults for this many years!
The Bald guy.

Deleted 2014 said...

@O@
O

Wow! Your were right! Very Cool! Happy belated anniversary from the Hiltons!

Rmomof3 said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry I missed telling you yesterday!

Renee