Pages

Monday, March 28, 2022

Spa Day

 I had a lovely day on Saturday.  Life has been a bit crazy and busy lately, and my sister Cheri suggested we get a facial and relax.
She had done this once before and really enjoyed it.  I never have but after doing it, I recommend it!

We started by going out for lunch.  We looked for a place close to the spa and ended up at a restaurant we'd never been to before.


This was at the entrance, a pretty little waterfall and a koi pond.

The restaurant is on a lake, and has large windows to enjoy that view.



Here's our yummy lunch.  We split a gourmet grilled cheese and had some bruschetta.  It was so good!



Then it was on to the spa!



Here's our room.  It smelled wonderful because of the essential oils being used.  The blankets were warmed and it was so comfortable.
They lowered the lights, and we had our facial, with a scalp and neck massage as part of it.  It was so relaxing and our skin felt soft and smooth.
When it was done we didn't want to get up!
So, if you ever have a chance to do this, go for it!

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks just perfect! And with so much you do for everyone, it's about time you pampered yourself!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That sounds like a fun day with your sister! So glad you could do it. :-)

The Liberty Belle said...

Perfect day. :)

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I need to try that with my sister. Thanks for sharing!

Hootin Anni said...

A perfect day, spent together!!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

It certainly makes a difference. Maybe you can do it again soon or on a regular basis.

Jeanette said...

That looks wonderful! My friend and I had a spa day several years ago and loved it! I have no idea why we haven't done it again!

Changes in the wind said...

What a special treat!!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ohhhh what a day!!!

That entrance to the restaurant is magical. Yummy food. And the rest of the day!!!!!! OH SO WONDERRFUL!!!!!!

💚 💗 💚

Sparky said...

That sounds heavenly. What a good idea. I may have to try that sometime.
Blessings. xx

Suemn said...

That room looks so warm and comfortable and your massage sounds so relaxing. I'm afraid that I would have been tempted to just fall asleep:)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

OOOoohhh - this looks like it was one of those perfect heavenly afternoons. I'm so glad you gals treated yourselves up this way. ❤️

Terri D said...

Oh, my how I miss my facials every six weeks! I can't justify the expense now but may just have to break down and go again. I miss my friend, Dawn, too. We stay in touch on FB but it isn't the same. I'm so glad you got to experience how amazing they make you feel. Lunch looks delicious!! xo

Kim said...

A facial sounds divine! I've never had one either, but I needed physical therapy for a bit before the lockdowns and it was wonderful. It was mostly massage of my head, neck and face and I would go back weekly if I could!!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You have inspired me to get a facial as well - haven't done that in such a long time - years! ♥♥♥

Jean said...

Wow, Mari, this sounds WONDERFUL!!! I have never had a facial. Sometime I'd like to have our daughter-in-law Lauren give me one at her salon.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well it does my heart good to see you pampering yourself! If anyone deserves it, it's you. Good job! Now you need to do that more often. xoxo

Tracy dixon said...

My sweet hubby let me treat myself last year to a spa day. The works. The massage was so wonderful and relaxing. May have to do it again soon.