Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 On my Day in my Life post, I told you I would share the recipe for the artisan bread I made, so here it is!  This recipe is so easy, but turns out classy looking and is very good.  It's a keeper!






Artisan Bread

Proof 1/2 teaspoon yeast in 1 1/2 cups warm water. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 3 cups of flour. Stir until combined.
Allow to rise 8-24 hours. covered with plastic wrap. 

Flour hands and pull bread out of the bowl and place on floured surface. Pull sides up and toward the middle of the dough until it forms a disc and is less sticky.
Flip it over and allow it to rest for 30 minutes.
Slice the top with an X.
In the meantime, place parchment paper in the bottom of a dutch oven and then place the dutch oven into the oven and preheat to 450 degrees. You want to put the dough into a hot dutch oven when ready to bake.
When ready, place dough in dutch oven into oven, x side up. Cover dutch oven and bake for 33 minutes, then remove the top and bake for another 18 minutes.
This is a plain, base recipe. You can add cheese, herbs, etc.
Place into bag to store while a little warm to keep the crust soft.

19 comments:

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

It looks perfect!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks so soft and fluffy inside, and crusty outside! True comfort food. And not much smells better than homemade bread baking in the oven.

Hootin Anni said...

I love bread!!!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Looks good and bet it tastes as good too!

Suemn said...

The bread looks like it would be delicious!

16 blessings'mom said...

That looks fantastic. I don't own a dutch oven, but it's on my list:). I've not made much homemade bread, I always wonder why, it's just so good. I'm almost drooling here, mmm.

happyone said...

Thanks for the recipe - I will make this for sure!!

Sparky said...

Fresh bread is such a temptation for me. That looks so good! Yum.
Blessings. xx

Beth Cotell said...

This looks so good! We have given up carbs for Lent or I would make this right now!

Kim said...

Mmmm. I sent this to my daughter and hopes she makes it soon!

Terri D said...

It looks so good!! Doing this on a Friday night and finishing it up on Saturday would work great, wouldn't it! Thanks, Mari!

Debby said...

Oh man, that looks so good. My husband is the bread maker between us. I'm going to get him to make this.

Debby said...

He wants to know, would a cast iron dutch ovenn with lid work?

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Looks delicious.

Something like that, I really miss, being Gluten Free. :-)

My Tata's Cottage said...

Looks delicious! My three girls are talented like my mom was baking bread.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Ugh Mari, STAAAHHHHHHP! Copied. xoxo

Jean said...

Wow! That seems so simple! Maybe I'll try it.

susan q said...

Thanks for the recipe, don't have a dutch oven so will have to improvise! Looks delicious♥

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Total keeper - copied it right down! Thanks for sharing ;)