Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 I made pasta for supper last week, and made a new recipe to go with it.  It's cheesy garlic bread, simple to make and very tasty - soft on the inside, crusty on the outside and full of flavor!



Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread 

1 Loaf French bread
1/2 cup salted butter
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup Colby jack cheese, shredded
1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
chopped parsley for garnish

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut your French bread loaf lengthwise and place on top of a baking sheet.
In a small bowl combine softened butter, garlic powder, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning. Spread evenly on each side of the garlic bread. Top with Colby Jack and mozzarella cheese.
Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until butter is melted an bubbly. You can also broil the top for 1-2 minutes at the end to give it a more crisp top.
Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.

18 comments:

Sparky said...

I love a good garlic bread. This one sounds delish! Thanks for sharing.
Happy Thursday. xx

Deb J. in Utah said...

Oh my, it looks delicious! Thanks for the directions. :-)

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh my word ... I would eat it all. xoxo

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yum! I believe I can smell it through the screen!!

Hootin Anni said...

This is just exactly how I make it. Except mine has garlic butter instead of garlic powder. I drool at just the thought of this.

Kerin said...

That is one yummy-looking cheesy bread!
Thanks for sharing!!

~K.


Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

mmmmm....I can smell and taste it!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

"Gorgeous"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼 🌼

Henny Penny said...

Oh my gosh! I've got to make this. Is there anything any better than cheese and bread of any kind! Yours looks delicious!

Henny Penny said...

It's me again. I knew that I had missed your post "an evening with Cassie" so I just looked back. She is so adorable! What a little cutie pie.

Changes in the wind said...

Makes your mouth water just looking at the picture!

Terri D said...

I want some right now!! Thanks, Mari!

Suemn said...

This is another recipe that I'll need to try:) Thanks!

Jean said...

Wow this looks really, really good. I think I can smell it!!

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Looks so good Im getting hungry!

Kim said...

Wow!! I need this right now...is it lunchtime yet?

Doris said...

I am going to try this with GF bread, yum yum!

Tracy dixon said...

I love all things bread
I am a carby 😆