Pages

Monday, February 14, 2022

Owl Cupcakes

 Last weekend when the girlies were over, we made cupcakes.  I had seen a cute way to make owl cupcakes and I knew they would enjoy making them.

I made the cupcakes ahead of time and had picked up a container of frosting at the store to make it easy.


Here's Alaina frosting her cupcakes.  




When we had them frosted, we opened oreo's and used them for the eyes.  We found it wasn't easy to get them open and keep the frosting neat.  You use one side with the frosting on and put two on each cupcake.




The directions said to use brown M&M's for the eyes, and use colored ones for the nose.  However, I couldn't find regular M&M's, even in the little bags at the checkout.  So, I bought peanut ones, but we found they didn't work for eyes.  So here you see Ruby using a little of the chocolate frosting for the center of the eyes.




Here they are, each holding one of their cupcakes.




Here's one of the finished cupcakes. If we had regular M&M's, the nose would be one put in sideways, which makes it look more like an owl.





Here's a pan of them, ready to bring home.  You can see that they didn't decorate them all the same, they just had fun doing what they wanted!

20 comments:

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Looks like a fun day of decorating cupcakes 🧁 🧁cute cupcakes and lovely young ladies

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those are darling. You are such a fun grandma! I love it! Have a good week. :-)

Ginny Hartzler said...

The cupcakes are adorable, but the girls are much more adorable! Again, you really knocked it out of the park with a craft!

Hootin Anni said...

Enjoyed the 'cakes, but seeing the girls' smiles made my day.

Changes in the wind said...

You always find a fun thing to make or do and their smiles prove the fun time.

Sparky said...

How cute! Cupcakes are so easy to make and fun to decorate. The girls sure are growing up fast. So darling.
Blessings. xx

Jeanette said...

What a cute idea!

happyone said...

Aren't they cute! The girls did a great job!!!

Suemn said...

ha! Such creative girls!

Kim said...

Yum! They look great and make me wish I was still teaching. I can think of so many good books that would go along with these cupcakes!

Kerin said...

A cute project to do with your sweet Grands!
You know how I know that they are sweet Grands and love spending time with you??
Just look at the smiles on their faces:)

Warm wishes~
~K.

Terri D said...

Always fun at your house!! xo

Beside a babbling brook... said...

You have such fun projects for them to do, at your house!!!!!!

Gentle hugs...

The Liberty Belle said...

I certainly would love to have one of those adorable cupcakes! What a fun activity. I'm sure fond memories were made. Be blessed.

Jenny the Pirate said...

I don't care how they look ... they just look GOOD. Ugh I want to eat all of them. xoxo

Beth Cotell said...

I love this! I know they had fun decorating these.

Kim said...

Those are so cute. Bet they tasted good, too. Your grandgirls are lovely.

Brenda Kay Ledford said...

The girls are really pretty. They made some really yummy cupcakes, did a great job decorating them. Looked like a lot of fun.

Do you hear from Mildred? Last time I got a comment on my blog, she was sick.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Such an adorable idea! Young Annie would have went bonkers for these - she used to have such a thing for owls. 🦉

Laura said...

They were so proud of their owls! And even more excited to eat them, lol!