Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Fun with our girlies

 We had Alaina and Ruby over Friday night.  I don't usually get home until shortly before 6, so Bob picked them up and they were all home before me.  
When I got home they were nowhere to be seen, and Bob told me to go into the living room.


This is what the love seat looked like.



And then I heard - "Surprise!"  and they peeked out from behind the blankets.  They were pretty impressed with themselves.



They piled up the cushions, but them put them all back so we could have some pizza for supper.




After the pizza, we did some charades.  This is Alaina portraying an ostrich with its head in the sand.  :)



After charades, we got out my new cricut to decorate a water cup for them.  They each got to pick a color for their name, and then a design to put on the cup.


Here they are watching it cut out Alaina's name.




Ruby is pressing her name onto the cup.




They each had their name on one side of the cup, and something they chose on the other side.  Ruby wanted a bunny,  Alaina saw the "axelot" (whatever that is) and was excited to put that on her cup.  It also says "You axelot of questions".
They were both happy with the finished cups.


We watched a Wallace and Gromit movie and they were to sleep shortly before 10.

The next morning they did a lot of playing and we made cupcakes.  

We stopped by my Dad and stepmoms house to set up his pills and bring them some cupcakes.  They told Great Grandpa that he had to share some with Great Grandma.  We had picked up McDonalds for lunch and ate with them before going home.

It was a fun weekend!

21 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

It is always fun to see what you do with your grandchildren. So glad you get to spend so much time with them. Good memories. Have a great week. See you again soon.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You always do the most fun things with them! It is always something fun and new, and you never run out of ideas. They are such cuties! We both love Wallace & Grommit. The cups turned out lovely. And she is so clever how she is portraying an Ostrich!

Hootin Anni said...

A perfect time with the girls!!
Now, is the design on the cups permanent?

Linda said...

I simply can't believe how much they are growing, Mari. I am glad everyone had fun, grin. Have a beautiful week, smiles.

Mari said...

Anni - the design is on with permanent vinyl, but I don't think it would withstand the dishwasher. I did one for myself a few months ago and it's holding strong!

Changes in the wind said...

They are sure growing up and the cups were super cute.

Hootin Anni said...

That is awesome!!

R's Rue said...

Looks like a great time.

Susan said...

Hi Mari, that is nice that you got to spend time with your grands. Looks like they had fun. I got a Cricut for Christmas but have not used it yet. Nice that you took cupcakes over to your dad's too! Enjoy your week!

Phoebes World said...

Oh how lovely to see you all having such fun. I cant wait til my grand daughter gets here...not long now. I
Your girls have grown so much... scary how fast time flies x

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ahhhhh, the fun had, after taking the cushions off a couch!!!!!!

And then, fun was had by _all_.

Love how you go visiting!

My Sig. Line,
in reference to my current post
❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓ ❓

happyone said...

What a delightful weekend with your grandkids making many happy memories.

Sparky said...

Those kids are so adorable. It's fun to play with the furniture. Lovely photos.
Blessings. xx

Jeanette said...

That looked like a fun weekend! Max and Levi like to surprise me too when I come in the house! So cute! Nice cups they made!

Kim said...

Nothing better than a couch fort! They're a classic, that's for sure!

Terri D said...

Can I come to your house for crafts, pizza, and cupcakes?! What fun you always have with those precious grands!! Loved your post!! xo

Debi said...

Weekends with the grands are always fun! Have a great week!

Jean said...

Such a cute craft! My favorite picture is the last one. So good to see your dad looking so well.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well I think it says axolotl which is a little salamander! Just saying! You are something with that cricut! I want to come over next time there's pizza and cupcakes ... just saying. But let's wait until summer when we can sit out on the porch. xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

You guys always have the best time together! And you come up with the most fun things to do. I love how they wanted to surprise you - so darn cute!! So happy to see your Dad doing so well too. 💕

LL Cool Joe said...

Loved the photo of them both peaking their heads out from the throw on the sofa. It's always the simple things in life that create the most joy.