Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 You guys - I made such a yummy supper!  You've probably heard of sheet pan dinners.  I've heard of them but never tried them. Then I found this recipe.  Bob loves sausage so I knew I had to try it.  It's so easy and it had wonderful flavor.  I'll be looking for more sheet pan recipes.


Italian Sausage Dinner

4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
6 carrots
6 new potatoes
1/2 to 3/4 pound Italian sausage links, raw

Add first 5 ingredients to a large ziploc bag.
Cut carrots into bite size pieces and microwave on high for 4 minutes
Cut potatoes into bite size pieces. 
Cut sausage links into 3 inch pieces and add to ziploc bag with potatoes and carrots.  Shake to mix well.
Spray sheet pan with non-stick spray.  Pour all ingredients out of bag onto sheet pan and spread out.
Bake at 375 degrees for 45-55 minutes until vegetables and tender and sausage is cooked.

22 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks yummy and flavorful!

Susan said...

That looks really good! I would use turkey sausage because my husband can't eat pork.

Kerin said...

I'm going to have to try this recipe!
I've made the same recipe for years, only in a cast-iron skillet, which is delicious but needs to be tended. I love that this version can be cooked on a sheet pan.
Thanks for sharing :)

~K.

Changes in the wind said...

Super easy and looks good.

Martha said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing, I love easy sheet pan meals! You can find tons of them on Pinterest.

Jeanette said...

That looks really good! I used to make sheet pan dinners all the time. I don't know why I stopped!

Suemn said...

This recipe sure looks good. I may try and pick up the ingredients this weekend to try it next week. Thanks for sharing.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

And one-pan-meal is a keeper!!!!!

🌸

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Any time I see food shook together in a bag, I remember the OLD tv add... "Ahhh did it myself!" said the little girl, to her father, when the Shake and Bake Chicken was served. LOL

🌸

happyone said...

That sure looks good.
We are having hot Italian sausages tonight for supper. We eat them with onions and peppers. Ken eats them on a sub roll with pasta sauce but I like mine plain.

Kim said...

Wow, that looks so delicious and easy!

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

It looks really good.

Sparky said...

Oh, my, that looks wonderful! Yum!
Blessings. xx

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness, this looks and sounds delicious! I love easy and one pan clean-up! Thanks!!

Hootin Anni said...

Lots of yummies!! I bet just about anything could be used.

Henny Penny said...

My goodness, it sounds so easy and looks so delicious. Never heard of sheet pan dinners.

Suemn said...

Mari, I made this today and it was delicious. I've passed the recipe on to my sister because it is so easy to make and takes very little time.

Mari said...

Suemn - I'm so glad you liked it. Thanks for letting me know!

Doris said...

That seems so easy and yummy too. Will have to try it!

Katelyn R. said...

Ohhh- we love sheet pan dinners! They are simple and yummy with little cleanup , my favorite kind :)

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh my word, Mari! You had me at balsamic vinegar but I was eyeing the potatoes and sausage too! TG would love this! Duly copied. xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Yum! This sounds sooo good - and a fun one to have with my fellow. I'll just need to sub in cauliflower for some of the potatoes for Matt because he's a keto guy and doesn't do much potato. Definitely one to try. 😋