Pages

Monday, February 28, 2022

A furry visitor

 The office that I work in has 2 full walls of windows.  Outside those windows are a lot of trees and bushes, and on the other side of those trees is a golf course.  That means no big buildings or houses to look at, and it also means that it's a place the wildlife likes.

We have bird feeders outside the windows and get so many birds!  Lately, it's been lots of cardinals.  One day we counted 10 male cardinals out there at one time.  We also get blue jays, hawks, sparrows and woodpeckers.  They are fun to watch.
We also get some bigger animals.  Last week we saw several deer, and there is always evidence of them in their tracks in the snow.  We see rabbits and have even seen fox.

Here's a little visitor that was hanging around last week.  He wanted the birdseed, but never was able to get it.  However, one of the nurses took pity on him and threw some out on the snow.







"Are you looking at me?"




He even came to the back door and hung out on the door handle for a while.  We thought he was a cute interruption to our work!

16 comments:

Joyful said...

The squirrel looks like it has been eating well. They love to rob the bird feeders.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never known a birdfeeder that a squirrel cannot master! Unless it is s squirrel-proof one. That is so awesome that you have the best view of nature, better than a movie.

Hootin Anni said...

Poor thing not being able to get to the food when he can see it!! I'd take pity too.

(I wouldn't get any work done!)

Linda said...

Awwww how adorable. smiles

Changes in the wind said...

The "are you looking at me" picture is super cute.

Jeanette said...

How cute and a fun thing to watch while at work!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Awwwww! I love squirrels and I LOVE window walls! It's so comforting to look out at nature and wildlife. The birds captivate me no end. Our backyard pool area too is full of cardinals ... I looked out the other day and saw at least a half dozen sitting and flitting. I love them and their flame color and their sweet chirps. Even the females are pretty to me. If you have to go to the doctor, being able to see out of a big window is sure to make you feel a little better! And so nice for the staff too. xoxo

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Funny little guy...

To see why I have Sunflowers as my Sig. Line,
please read my 3/1/22 post.

🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻 🌻

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Haha! Love it! Sounds like a beautiful place to work. Reminds me of my back yard with the exact same regular visitors. Nothing like the beautiful woods of the north. 😊

happyone said...

That must be a great feeder. Squirrels always find a way to get to the seeds. Maybe in time he will figure it out!
Sounds great to have those windows to look out while at work.

Terri D said...

How nice to have all of that to see on a daily basis. Love the squirrel and I'm glad someone tossed him some feed!! Love it!

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Love the photos.I have a chipmunk that climbs thebirdfeeder. It is funny to watch.
The lighthouse pictures are stunnig, vibrant colors, the deepblue, red,and bright white snow.

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Beauty in nature, Michigan is a lovely state

LL Cool Joe said...

You said "even a fox" as if it's unusual to see them? Foxes are very common here in the UK. We have a family of them in the back garden. They kill the rabbits but can't catch the squirrels as they are too fast!

Henny Penny said...

Oh, nurses have good hearts, don't they. I usually feel sorry for the squirrels too. :) Mama had a bird feeder just like that one. It hung just outside the window in her assisted living appartment.

Diana said...

Jerry and I have always loved the squirrels. You can always be sure of a interesting "show" when they're around. I miss having our own backyard so I can just go out the door anytime to sit on the patio to watch them and the birds. Thanks for letting us watch by proxy! 💕