Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 This is a Freezer meal recipe I made last week.  It's a baked spaghetti, that I think is much better than plain spaghetti.  Plus, it's so easy to double and put some in the freezer! 
Each batch of this makes a 9x13 pan.  I double it and put it into 4 8x8 pans; we eat one and the other 3 go into the freezer for later.



Baked Spaghetti
1 16 oz package spaghetti
1 26 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
5 tbsp butter, softened
2 cups ricotta cheese
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl or stand mixer, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt and butter.
Add spaghetti noodles to egg mixture and mix well.
Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a large, greased baking dish.
Top with a very thin layer of ricotta cheese, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Repeat layers.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
To freeze, wrap tightly with foil.  Let thaw before baking and follow regular baking instructions.


17 comments:

Connie said...

One of my girl friends and her husband were talking about baked spaghetti and how they like it better than regular spaghetti. I was taken back a bit, because spaghetti has always been one of Steve and my favorite meals and something we would cook together on date nights (as we got older, our date nights became a favorite meal and a favorite DVD or listening to music). Going out to a restaurant and a movie got expensive and then we had to drive home in the dark . . . better to be home where it's cozy and warm. Anyway, I'm excited to get your recipe and I will try it soon on a night when I have guests over :) Thank you. One very nice thing will be that I can have all the mess cleaned up before guests arrive. You really can't do that with regular spaghetti.

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe! Sounds really good!

Hootin Anni said...

Delicious!!

LL Cool Joe said...

That looks delicious!

Changes in the wind said...

So nice to be able to have this in the freezer ready to go.

Sparky said...

Gosh, that sounds good. Now I want something Italian for supper. Yum.
Blessings. xx

Kim said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and am enjoying it very much. Thanks for this recipe. Will be putting this on my next monthly menu. Take care.

Debby said...

That makes my mouth water - yum

happyone said...

We like baked spaghetti here too and have it once in a while.
Delicious.

Kim said...

Oh boy, I didn't eat dinner yet and this is what I want now...off to see if I have all the ingredients!! Thanks!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Would you believe... I can't eat spaghetti sauce. Acid Reflux.

What a dent this puts in our meal planning! Sigh

Terri D said...

This sounds SO good. Thanks for sharing. Saving it to Pinterest!

Phoebes World said...

Im defo trying this recipe... Thanks Mari x

Henny Penny said...

Oh this sounds so good! I'm trying this for sure. Thank you!

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

That looks great, especially these cold February days


Jenny the Pirate said...

Mmmmm I love baked spaghetti but I have not made it in a while. You have inspired me to haul that recipe out ... except mine will always use sauce with meat! xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Playing catch up - stole this one! 😉