Pages

Monday, February 21, 2022

Cassie comes over!

We had a little visitor this weekend.  Cassie came on Saturday morning and stayed until Sunday afternoon while Heather and Andrew took a little trip to Frankemuth.
Cassie's been here before, and the last time was less than a month ago, however this time she was teething and really wanted Dad and Mom, and Grandpa and Grandma weren't a good substitute.
Shortly after she got here on Saturday, we went to my Dad's so I could check on him and set up his meds.  My sister Cheri came along because he had some paperwork he wanted us both to look at.
Cassie usually likes Dad and my stepmom Ann, but she was pretty anti-social on this visit.


She did like sitting in Great Grandpa's chair though!



She wouldn't sit by him but she did let him talk to her!



When we got home, she did a little investigating.




And took a nap, snuggled with Grandma, which Grandma didn't mind a bit!




Grandpa came home from work, and they played a bit.  However, things got worse at that point.  She was tired and was looking for Dad and Mom.  She would walk to the back door and then start crying.  It took a bit to get her to sleep, but by 9 she was sleeping, and she slept until 8 on Sunday morning.




We were going to bring her to the nursery, but in her state, we thought it would be better for her and the nursery workers if I stayed home with her.  Here she is trying to crawl over a riding toy she tipped over.  :)



Our church live streams the service, so I was able to watch it while she took a short nap.



She decided that she had to keep me in view at all times.  Every time I walked out of the room, she followed.

This poor child was set down by her Grandma, and then Grandma walked into the kitchen.  Isn't that the saddest face?




Eating lunch.  She loves strawberries!




She was really concentrating on those strawberries!  Look at those lashes!  She didn't get those from me...


Grandpa came home from church and she enjoyed getting bits of our lunch too.  She played and little and then settled down in Grandma's lap for a nice nap.
While she was sleeping, Heather and Andrew came to get her.  The look on her face when she opened her eyes and saw Heather was so sweet!  And then a minute later, when she saw her Dad, there were more smiles.


Papa is here and all is well with her world.


It was a hard weekend, but fun too.  Hopefully the next time she comes, the teeth are through, and she is feeling better!
PS - She loves to pick things up and put them into things.  My computer mouse is missing and even after putting all the toys away, we haven't found it! 


20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my, what a face! Looks like she has the weight of the world on her little shoulders. But it seems like you were her lifesaver. Parents need getaways during teething!

Hootin Anni said...

Awwwwww, that face IS so sad. You should devote a wall of photos of your girls ...this one has to be framed.
Grandma and grandpa did good. Happy girl when mom & dad came home!!

Joyful said...

Poor baby. Teething is no fun at all. I'm glad she made it through the weekend and you did too! Her smile says it all.

Linda said...

AWWWWWWWWWW...But she is so adorable regardless of teething, smiles.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you got to spend the weekend with Cassie even though she wasn't feeling too well. Cute pictures and good memories.

Changes in the wind said...

What a hard week-end for you all and her little sad face following you was heartbreaking. She does have beautiful eyelashes!!

Jeanette said...

Oh she's so precious! Poor babies when they teeth it has to be so uncomfortable! Glad you got through the time with her! I hope you find your mouse soon!

Martha said...

What a little sweetie! I feel so bad that she was so uncomfortable. I hope she feels better soon.

Kim said...

Awww, what a precious little sweetie! So sorry she was teething and grumpy. Hope those teeth pop through soon!

Sparky said...

She's so adorable. I totally get that about being cranky when tired. I do that too. Bless her heart. xx

Laura said...

Aww, sweet little thing! That sad face is heartbreaking!
She looks so much like Heather in the picture of her eating strawberries. :)

happyone said...

Poor thing! You had your hands full. Nice to finally see that smile when dad got there. :)

Susan said...

Sorry Cassie is suffering with teething. As grandmother's we know that though hard, we all get through that stage. I love how you captured all in pictures!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh the angst of a teething toddler! Sweet Cassssieeeee! I love her. I told her to take that mouse, hahhaha xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

The teething is such a difficult stage. She is beyond adorable and I bet the snuggle moments were the best. Yes, next visit will hopefully be even better. 💗 I hope you find your mouse - that cracks me up! 😂

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Precious little thing, teething is such a hard stage. You did good, Grandma and Grandpa! That face is just adorable though... those eyes and eyelashes! Hoping she feels better soon, and that tooth has a successful arrival :)

Tracy dixon said...

I hate it when children are sick or irritable. It makes me feel helpless when I can't make it better sometimes. That's when I know it will just be a sit down and snuggle day. That seems to help them more than anything. She is such a cutie

Beth Cotell said...

Such a sweetie! You guys are champs for getting her to sleep through the night and take naps while she's teething. I hope you find your mouse soon! That makes me laugh!

My Tata's Cottage said...

Her expressions are so sweet. I love seeing the little ones and their faces. They are such real little people. Nothing gets in their way. Thanks for sharing this cutie pie with us.

Kim said...

Oh, poor little sweet one and poor grandma! It's not easy when they're teething, there's just not much you can do and then you get sad when they're sad. I remember..and I hope you find your mouse!!