Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Cooking Thursday

When cooler weather comes, a bowl of chili sounds wonderful.  And just when I was thinking I should make some, my friend Jenny from I'm Having a Thought Here posted her easy chili recipe!  I made it, and just as she promised, it was very easy and it was very good.  It had a little spice to it, but not much.  It makes a bunch, so I froze half and have another meal all set to go now.


Jenny's Easy Chili

3 pounds lean ground beef, browned
3 cans Bush's hot chili beans
3 cans Hunts chili ready tomatoes
1 envelope chili seasoning
Stir all ingredients together.  Place in crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.

9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Perfect for this time of year! And I bet it smells so good!

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

That's what we'll be having for lunch today, around here!
:)

Hootin Anni said...

Chili is always a perfect go to, simple and tasty meal. I usually make mine meatless so I can dress it up with sour cream & cheese.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I have been thinking about making some homemade chili, so I will give this recipe a try! Thanks for the recipe. Sounds so easy!

Sparky said...

Yum, chili! Good idea. Maybe we'll have some tonight too.
Blessings. xx

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Yummmmmmm!!!!!

Shadows mutter,
mist replies;
darkness purrs
as midnight sighs.
~Rusty Fischer
🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃👻🎃

Joyful said...

The chili does look delicious. I made some (different recipe) about 2 weeks ago because it's been raining and cold here much of the time. Chili is one of my 'go to' dishes at this time of year.

Terri D said...

That looks like the baked chili we used to get in the school cafeteria and I loved it! So thick and good and filling! Thanks for sharing, Mari! xo

Jenny the Pirate said...

I'm honored that you would both make my chili recipe and pass it along! And I did not mention this when I posted it (mainly because I never do this) but you can easily make this with one pound of meat and one can each of the tomatoes and beans, and part of a seasoning packet. More manageable. Or even, two of each thing. But I always make a lot and then invite everyone to come eat with us! It never fails, haaha xoxo