Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Cooking Thursday

 Todays recipe is one of my favorite pasta salads.  It's pretty with the red and green vegetables and is full of flavor.  I get asked for the recipe often, so I'm sharing it with you.

Italian Vegetable Pasta Salad

8 ounces uncooked tri-color pasta
1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup cubed Monterey Jack Cheese
1 1/4 cup Wishbone Robusto Italian Dressing *

Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water until cooled.   In large bowl combine all ingredients except dressing and mix well.  Add 1 cup dressing and stir together.
Refrigerate overnight.  Before serving, stir in additional 1/4 cup of dressing.
* Using this specific flavor makes a big difference in how the salad tastes.

 

13 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love salads and this one looks delicious!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks like a salad in a fancy restaraunt. And with the pasta in it, you could make a whole meal of it!

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

Here in Portugal, the cold weather is starting to show, but this salad will be a great Summer meal!
:)

Hootin Anni said...

Yes I make this often also. Sometimes as a side dish, on hot days, as an entreé.

R's Rue said...

Yummy.

Jeanette said...

Looks yummy!

DUTA said...

The ingredients in the bowl look beautiful with their different colors.
I guess, you can't go wrong with this pasta salad.

Sparky said...

This sounds so good! You find, or use, the best recipes. Yum.
Blessings. xx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I have made versions of a italian pasta salad - but I don't think I've ever used that dressing. I'm going to give this a try soon! Yum 😋

Terri D said...

I am saving this one!! Looks and sounds delicious! Thanks, Mari!

Kim said...

This looks so great!! Thanks for sharing!

Henny Penny said...

I love this easy one. It looks delicious!

Debi said...

This is one of our favorites too.