Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Showing a little Patriotism

I'm not one of those creative people who puts up decorations for every holiday.  I usually just change a few things seasonally, and then for Christmas.  Last week, my friend Betsy from My Five Men showed something she did for the 4th, and I decided I needed to put out a few things too.
Here's what I did.

This old milk can is from my Dad's farm.  It's in our garage by the door.  I put different decorations in it, depending on the season.  I found this cute metal flag that says "Land that I Love" at Hobby Lobby, and it sits perfectly in the milk can.


I found this free printable of the Pledge of Allegiance online and printed it off.


This is another spot I change depending on the season.  I had the little flags and put them in a small jar.  The God bless America is another free printable.  I painted a piece of wood black and attached the printable to it.

It's not a lot, but it I do like these little splashes of Americana!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the patriotic touches in your décor. We have a new Hobby Lobby and I love their seasonal décor. Hope you have a nice week, Mari.

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm in the States at the moment so it feels even more appropriate to see all the Memoribila around in the stores at the moment for the 4th of July. I really like your old feel stuff. It's a really nice idea to add a few touches around the house to celebrate the different holidays. Great idea!

Sally said...

Well, you do more than I do, Mari, with the exception of a couple of small flags. :)

Love the milk can too; my mom had one from her old home place and wouldn't you know she gave it to one of her nephew's daughters? I still can't believe it. LOL

xoxo

Stephanie said...

Your simple sweet touches of patriotism are perfect for this wondeful time of year. Everything looks lovely, dear Mari.

Have a blessed week! Hugs!

Hootin Anni said...

Fabulous!!! I like the simplicity of them all Mari. And the milk can...flag, is just so perfect.

Linda said...

Awesome. I love the milk can, have a beautiful day friend.

Arlene G said...

I have just a few things for July/ summer. I am going to go and look at Betsy's blog to see what she did. I am picking up a new cross stitch piece tomorrow so it will be displayed for the 4th.

Rebecca said...

Nice, Mari!
Have a safe and happy Fourth!

Unknown said...

Very cute- looks great!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

'Back in the day', I decorated for every event under the sun. Sad to say, now I dont. I enjoyed seeing yours and pray every day that "God blesses America" again, and soon.

Jenny said...

You are so clever! I adore Americana and I'm nuts about Hobby Lobby. All of your decorations are so cute. xoxo

Terri D said...

I love what you have done!! It is always good to see our Red White & Blue come out for special holidays!

Patsy said...

That looks just great!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Perfect patriotic touches Mari! Love the last vignette (& that bowl of old keys too- so cute). ;) Wishing you a wonderful week ahead! xoxo

Cherdecor said...

You did real good! I like all of your decorating. Now I am thinking that I should put something out for the 4th of July. I will have to look around. I think all I have are paper plates!

White Lace and Promises said...

I love your vignettes. They are simply beautiful! I'm just not able to do it this year. Still got boxes to unload. Maybe the holiday will allow.

Betsy Brock said...

I love it all! The printables are a great idea and I love that little clipboard holding the pledge! Nice little touches...perfect!

Laura said...

The printables turned out so cute!