Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Cooking Thursday

I've got a great grill recipe for you today!  This is one we use quite often and it makes the best chicken; juicy and with great flavor.


Teriyaki Chicken

1/4 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dry cooking sherry
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 garlic, minced
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Combine oil, soy sauce, sherry, ginger and garlic in a large zip lock bag. Place chicken in bag, removing air from bag. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
When ready to cook, drain marinade from chicken and grill.
*You can also makes these ahead of time, freeze them and thaw before grilling.

14 comments:

Judy said...

We have been grilling a lot and this would be a nice change from hamburgers.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Sounds like a winner! Good for the holiday weekend coming up!

Linda said...

Yummy!! Thanks, I am always looking for chicken recipes--especially for the grill. Have a joyful rest of the day.

Terri D said...

This sounds delicious! Thanks!

Betsy Brock said...

Yum! I love all of those flavors.

Jennifer Hays said...

I will definitely try this. I'm always looking for new ways to make chicken breasts. Thanks for sharing, Mari!

Karen said...

Sounds delicious! Thank you for another great recipe.

Sally said...

I haven't been hungry for a few days, BUT that really looks delish!

You give us the best recipes, Mari! :)

xoxo

Doris said...

Sounds delicious!!

Cherdecor said...

Anything Teriyaki sounds good to me!!!!

You will be happy to know that I bought an egg slicer today.
I went all these years without one. Can you believe that?

Jenny said...

Ooooooh this sounds so special. Normally I'd share with the girls (by the way, we made your chocolate pie recipe for Father's Day and wow, was that ever special), but Andrew is the griller in the family. He will love this. Thanks, Mari! I love Cooking Thursdays. xoxo

Laura said...

Marinades always make the grilled chicken for sure. I'm lazy and always use the McCormick packets though!

Amy at love made my home said...

Delicious and a good idea to make them ahead too!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This sounds so good - copying it now! Thanks Mari!! ;) xoxo