Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Birthday!

Yesterday I told you about my uncles funeral which was on Friday.  On Saturday we had another family event.  This was a birthday party for my Mom's sister-in-law.  My Mom also came from a big family; there were 9 kids in her family.  All of the kids have passed away, and there are only 3 of the in-laws still living.  This aunt is the oldest and just turned 95!  She is still in good health and lives by herself, in her own house.  I know she has been, and still is a blessing to many people in her life. 
This party was a surprise for her, and she was even surprised by her daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter who flew in from California to be at the party.
She lives in Cadillac, Michigan which is about 2 hours north of me.  My Dad, step-mom, sister Terri and I drove up on Saturday morning. It took us quite a bit longer to get there than we expected, because we ran into a lot of road construction but we made it with no other difficulties.

It was a beautiful day for an outside party, and you can see there were lots of people there.



This cute area was set up for cards and gifts.  I love the red chandelier hanging above the table.



There were some old pictures floating around, which were very fun to look at.  This was from a reunion in 1958.



Here are the 3 remaining in-laws from my Moms family.  My Uncle John on the left is 87, Aunt Marion is 95 and my Dad is 85.  I think they all look great, but Aunt Marion looks amazing.  You would never know she is 95!

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who 
will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I 
will sustain you and I will rescue you."
Isaiah 46:4

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks fabulous! What a great birthday surprise! Hope your week goes smoothly.

Jenny said...

She truly does look amazing for her age. My late mother-in-law, when she realized she wasn't going to make it past 90, let us know that she always thought she'd live to see at least 96. With the exception of one who died young in an accident, that's the youngest age at which any of her siblings who predeceased her, had passed. So she was disappointed but it looks like Aunt Marion will see 96 and beyond! Congratulations to her and to you all. xoxo

Sally said...

How wonderful to have a party for her! I love the pic of the three together also. Your dad doesn't look his age either. :)

Really like the family reunion photo; it reminders of the oness we used to have; over l00 family member. Now we would be maybe 10 or 15. Great memories that I keep close to my heart.

xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

She looks amazing for 95! She'd look amazing for 85! I'm glad the weather was good, it looks like it would have been a disaster of it hadn't been!

Rebecca said...

Oh, what a beautiful gathering! So glad the weather cooperated. It looks like a well planned day. The Bible verse you included is so appropriate.

Terri D said...

Your aunt looks fabulous, indeed!! So do the other two handsome men sitting beside her!! What a wonderful celebration, and the weather does look perfect for a party outside!

Connie said...

Ordinarily you would not pull a surprise party on someone so old, right? But she looks amazing... What fun...

Linda said...

95? No way!!!! And nor can I believe your uncle and your dads age as well. Happy Birthday to your aunt. smiles

Beth Cotell said...

Wow!!!! She looks fabulous! And what a beautiful outdoor party!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

What a wonderful time and enjoyed seeing the pictures.

Amy at love made my home said...

How lovely! So nice for you to have something good to do after a sad day. xx

Hootin Anni said...

...and by the looks of all the photos...what a party. And a wonderful reason for celebrating.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

OH how sweet. What a lovely party for her. And she does look AMAZING!! Some folks are blessed with really good genes aren't they? Lol

Blessings. xoxo

Cherdecor said...

What a nice picture of the three who are still with you. I know that the birthday girl really appreciated how you all brought that party together.