Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Cooking Thursday

We had our last MOPS meeting until Fall last week.  We take turns bring brunch foods to share.  A favorite is yogurt with fruit and granola.  One of the mentor mom's makes a homemade granola that is really good.  She had lots of requests for the recipe, and shared it with us.  I think you'll like it too!

Granola

1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Special K cereal
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup almonds
1 stick butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Mix together oats, flour, cereal, coconut and almonds in bowl.
Melt butter and honey together.  Cook until bubbling. Stir in vanilla.
Pour butter and honey mix over oatmeal mix and stir together.  Spread mix on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Break apart with fork when cool.  Serve with vanilla yogurt and your choice of fruit.


15 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

I love homemade granola....yum!

Terri D said...

Seems easy. Looks and sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

Sounds very tasty. I'll give it a try!

Arlene G said...

Sounds yummy!!

Joyful said...

that does look good! what is MOPS?

Stephanie said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe, Mari. Hugs!

Linda said...

Thanks Mari! Another keeper, smiles

Heather said...

Sounds yummy and not very good for my blood sugar!

Sally said...

Oh, that looks so good. I know my family would like it. :)

xoxo

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Looks easy enough!

Patsy said...

Thanks! I have been cooking today. Giving the Bennie a rest.

Judy said...

I've been looking for a tasty granola. Thanks for sharing this.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Yum! This is right up my alley Mari! Granola and yogurt are one of my faves. ;) Thanks for sharing. xoxo

Beth Cotell said...

This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! I love yogurt with granola on top!

Jenny said...

As Dagny would say: oooooooooh! I think I'll share this one with Audrey. She made your frozen chocolate pie for TG on Father's Day! xoxo