Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Fun weekend

I hope you all had a nice weekend.  Ours was busy and full of fun! Laura and Aaron had asked us several months ago if we could take the girls for the whole weekend, so they could have a little getaway and this was the weekend.
They dropped them off to me on Friday morning.  Aunt Heather came over at lunch time and brought McDonalds with her, which made both girls happy!  After lunch I went to get my Dad's meds set up for another few weeks, and as you can imagine, he was happy to have two extra visitors!


 Ruby isn't as shy as Alaina used to be, and is happy to sit and talk with Great Grandpa.



Grandpa gave them suckers, and I caught Alaina with this blue mouth.



 I got this electric quad from a friend when Alaina was little.  She was always scared to use it, but Ruby tried it out for the first time and liked it!




They had such fun loading and unloading balls into this wagon, and hauling it around.



We got a little pool for them to play in when they come over, and Saturday was a good day for it.
Here's our cute swimmers!






They had such fun and played until Ruby was shivering and I had to take them in.




 My sister Cheri brought over some fun things for the girls, and one thing was a craft kit to make this owl purse. Alaina and I worked on it Saturday evening.  She had fun and was happy with it when it was done.



Sunday morning they went to church with us.  I told them we needed a picture in their matching dresses.  After church and lunch they went back home.  
Bob and I were tired, but we sure did have fun!

21 comments:

Jean said...

That last picture is ADORABLE!!!! How wonderful for all of you that you could keep the girls this weekend.

Terri said...

they are so stinkin' cute. glad you all could have a great weekend!

Joyful said...

They are "stinkin cute", lol. I'm sure your dad was so pleased to have them visit as much as you were to be able to have them all weekend.

Sandi said...

This is Life! You are blessed.

Linda said...

AWWWWW...something tells me that little Ruby is the boss??? smiles Thanks for sharing, Mari...have a beautiful day.

LL Cool Joe said...

That last photo of both of them is a classic! I bet you were knackered on Sunday afternoon! And no that's not a swear word, I promise!

Anonymous said...

They are the sweetest girls. You really had a busy weekend and they look like they had the best time.

Heather said...

It looks like they had a great weekend!

Terri D said...

Oh my goodness, I love seeing these two adorable girls!! It's fun to see the different personalities coming out. Good memories made and another fun weekend for you all! Hope Laura and Aaron had a great get-away, too!

Changes in the wind said...

There is nothing like grandbabies!

Karen said...

A perfect weekend. It sounds like it was fun for everybody!

Arlene G said...

You did have a busy weekend. I love my grands but they wear me out too!! (Rather like Olivia's mother in the book, Olivia)

Hootin Anni said...

Such sweet memories!! I really, REALLY like the photo of Alaina with the blue sucker....seriously, that looks like a professional photographer too that one. All are super tho Mari.

Hootin Anni said...

too="took". Geeze Louise!!

Cherdecor said...

The girl's little matching dresses and shoes are so cute! They look in every picture like they are having a blast! That was a great weekend!

Connie said...

This brings back memories of when Emily and Melissa used to stay over. Now they are 30 and 28. Time flies..

Patsy said...

So good to have a grandma and paw to love you.
Sweet!

Jenny said...

They look like they sure had a good time at Grandma's house. And how could they not? Ruby the adventuress cracks me up. And Alaina, so big and responsible. Darling babies. xoxo

Laura said...

Awww! Such cute pictures! They are so loved - and so spoiled! :) This all explains why they were less than happy to arrive back home! They're making lots of good memories!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

They are such adorable precious Girls Mari. But that last photo - I think my heart melted. So sweet!! xoxo

Sally said...

Love those two, and seeing pics is truly a treat! They are both so different, but I predict they'll always be each other's best friend. :)

xoxo