Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I have for you today is an old one.  I got it from a cookbook from the church I grew up in.  The cookbook was printed about 40 years ago!  It's a recipe for egg salad.  I often just mix up eggs and may and call it good, but when I want a little more, I like to use this jazzed up recipe.
The lady who put it in the cookbook was an older lady who came from the Netherlands.  She had a pretty big family and said her boys liked it.  My hubby and son always liked it too.  I think adding bacon always makes the guys happy!



Yummy Egg Salad

1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
12 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
3/4 -1 cup mayonnaise

Mix well. Chill before serving.

16 comments:

Judy said...

I have not made egg salad in such a long time...Thanks for the reminder to do so :)

Betsy Brock said...

Bacon with eggs...of course! haha.

Anonymous said...

Makes me hungry just looking at the photo.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I enjoy egg salad every now and then and your recipe sounds good...will give it a try.

Hootin Anni said...

I just made egg salad for dinner sandwiches last night. I have a bit leftover so I'm gonna add some bacon bits and onion. I bet it'll be mighty tasty and Bud will love it. He LOVES bacon.

Sandi said...

Love these Olde World recipes! This looks good.

Speaking of recipes, I actually clicked on your recipe blog first. Incredible chocolate chip cheesecake! From 2011! Must get one...must...can't go on...Do you see what you've started?? ;-)

Have a good day!

Linda said...

Whoa, bacon in egg salad? I don't think I have ever had that, Mari! Who'd thunk it, lol. Have a beautiful day, friend. (and thank you for taking the time to post comments on WP)

Sally said...

That's sure a new one on me! I usually only have the mayo and sweet relish. But? Now, I am going to make this when the family come over. I love that you have the church recipe book; I have one also
but can't find it.

xoxo

Karen said...

This looks really good. I made some egg salad a couple days ago, my usual recipe with mayo, salt & pepper, a little mustard, and thought it seemed a bit 'tired'. I'll have to jazz it up a bit next time.

Stephanie said...

Looks and sounds delicious! I haven't had egg salad in forever...I think I need to try your recipe :)

Hugs!

Doris said...

I was already hungry before reading this recipe.....now I'm VERY hungry!!

Cherdecor said...

I copied this recipe. It looks so good. thank you.

Terri said...

that's the recipe I use too!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I'm not an egg salad fan - but my hubby is! I'll have to save this one for him. ;) xo

Terri D said...

We both love egg salad!! Thanks for the bacon suggestion! Yum.

Jenny said...

Oh this sounds fantastic. I love egg salad. I kick mine up a few notches with diced jalapenos. Thanks, Mari. xoxo