Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2016

A day in my life

Can you believe it's June already?  I know I can't!  As usual, I'm sharing my first day of the month with you, so here it is.

June 1 was a work day for me. Right now we don't have an Assistant Director of Nursing, so one day a week someone else is working the floor, so I can do some of the ADON work, because it's too much for our Director of Nursing to keep up with.  On these days I start at 8, so that means I get to sleep a little later. I was up at 6 and left the house at 7:40.

 It was a dreary day, with a little rain coming down when I left the house.


The construction continues at the nursing home.  This used to be our front door.  It's been closed off for a month now and outside is the new addition, getting ready for concrete to be poured.


 I spent much of my day at this desk.  I worked on having TB questionnaires filled out by each employee, getting a new pneumonia vaccine scheduled for all residents who want it, finding out when each one had their last vaccine and doing infection control paperwork.   I finished several things and it felt good to file them!



I left work a little after 4 and stopped at the grocery store on my way home.



 Here's a little scene from my drive home.  I love seeing the fields grow, in straight green lines.



When I got home, I started a load of wash, and slaved over supper!

 Here's supper!  It was burgers left over from Memorial Day.  It was pretty hard to heat those burgers and get out the toppings.  Not a bad supper, considering it was leftovers!



After supper, Bob went to his men's Bible study, and I went with my sister to Parade of Homes.  We had gone to several on Memorial Day and decided to try to see a few more.  Parade of Homes is something that is done each Spring.  A ticket costs $12, and gives you entrance to about 80 homes, which value between $179,000 to 3.3 million.
This house was one of the more expensive one, priced at 2.4 million.   It's a beautiful home, set on the shore of Lake Michigan.


You can't see it, but there is a nice private, sandy beach out there!



 Wouldn't you like to soak in that tub, with a view of the lake?



I got home around 9pm.  The sun was just setting. 
Thank you Lord, for another wonderful day.

15 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Wow - that was one full day! Very productive at work, then groceries, dinner and home tours too! The home tours look so fun. That bathroom and view look amazing!! ;) xoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

You always pack so much in! Looks like another enjoyable day, although I can see the weather looks very much like most days here in the UK at the moment, wet and grey.

So is there a Ladies Bible study group too? Our church as a Mens group and a Ladies group, and I really don't understand why.

Hootin Anni said...

Okay...I know for sure, with a view like that, I'd look like a prune most days just soaking in the tub!!

An exceptional day at work and home and on the tour. You always share these with us, and I so enjoy reading what you've accomplished.

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

I went to bed early last night and missed your post. Your pictures are so pretty, especially the sunset one. Seems your Thursday was another good one. Hope Friday is as well.

Linda said...

Oh the first picture is so pretty....and that one on Lake Michigan...awesome...smiles

Terri D said...

I haven't been to a Parade of Homes in a long time. It's always fun to tour beautiful homes way out of your price range though. That is definitely a lovely view from a very nice soaking tub. Hopefully the new construction will move forward a little faster once the foundation is poured. It will be fun to watch the walls go up, so thanks for keeping us in the loop!!

Betsy Brock said...

Wow...busy day! Leftover day is a favorite of mine. haha. I often make double meals just to have them the next day.

I love that tub....I need that view! Too bad...no windows at all in our bathrooms. Just as well, I guess with Mr. Neighbor Man close by. hahaha...

Karen said...

It's been a long time since I've been to the Parade of HOmes in our area. I remember I would start the tour looking at those huge beautiful homes with such longing. And by the end, was happy to come home to my simple little house. They are sure beautiful to look at!

Sally said...

You have such a busy job, Mari; yet, I know you do really well at the tasks.

I would love to go visit the homes, it's always fun to see how other people live and come home and know you're happy exactly where you are.

xoxo

Arlene G said...

You amaze me Mari with your busy life!! I used to go to a lot of Parade of Homes but it seems there are not any here lately. I always got good ideas for decorating.

Anonymous said...

A very full day. Mother and I always enjoyed tour of homes. That tub looks so relaxing and what a pretty view. I hope you can rest some this weekend and enjoy the pretty view of your yard.

Patsy said...

I am glad you had a good day!

Cherdecor said...

That sure was an interesting day! How many years do the pneumonia shots last? Just wondering. I had to laugh when I saw you hamburger. I couldn't see your hamburger but a lot of bacon. That is my kind of burger. Mary was telling me that one time when she was a kid, her dad ordered a burger for her. She was eating away and finally realized that the hamburger was missing. She took it back to the counter and complained. The owner really got on the kids her were serving them up. She got her hamburger.

Bethany Carson said...

Love the view of the field. The Parade of Homes sounds fun. I've enjoyed looking through home improvement magazines/catalogs, so I imagine I'd love coming along to see the picture-perfect homes myself. Glad you got to enjoy it!

Jenny said...

You always cram so much work, play, and activity into your days, Mari! The leftover hamburgers was a master stroke. Bravo. xoxo