Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Cooking Thursday

The recipe I'm sharing with you today is a little different from what I usually share.  No cooking required!  It's for oatmeal that you don't have to cook.  You just mix the ingredients the night before and put it in the refrigerator.   You can eat it cold, right out of the frig, so it's a quick breakfast and it's healthy too!  I enjoy it when it's warm outside.

Refrigerator Oatmeal

1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
1/2 cup milk
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
Fruit of your choice

Stir together oatmeal, milk, salt and brown sugar.  Put into container and seal.  Place in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.  Stir fruit into oatmeal immediately before eating. 
Keeps for 48 hours in refrigerator.

9 comments:

Terri D said...

Wow! Easy peasy!! Thanks Mari!

Anonymous said...

Thank you - John will love this for breakfast!

LeeLee said...

So easy, love this. Great for breakfast.

Linda said...

How easy was that? Thanks Mari...smiles

Arlene G said...

Does an oatmeal cookie count as cold oatmeal Mari? It is sometimes what I have for breakfast with a cup of coffee.:)

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Easy enough!

Sally said...

That looks really good, Mari! I love oatmeal but forget about it at times. :)

xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I enjoy this for breakfast sometimes too. It's yummy to play with different milks (like vanilla soy or almond) and to add spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. yum!! ;) xoxo

Jenny said...

I've never done this but it sounds fascinating! I think I'll try it. I love raisins in oatmeal. xoxo