Pages

Monday, July 2, 2007

Everyday Wonderful

Recently I saw a blog where the writer had a feature called "Everyday Wonderful". In it she features something that is part of her everyday life that is easily taken for granted. I thought this was a great idea. We are so blessed, but we often take things for granted. I have often been guilty of taking people or things for granted. Today I thought it would be a good time to focus on Andy. I love his goofiness. He has a great sense of humor and we never know what he is going to say next. He keeps us all laughing. Often when I come home from work, he will greet me at the back door and almost run me over, then give me a bear hug. He is a good worker and will help around the house without complaining(And often without being asked). He does have his drawbacks though - his room is usually a mess! Anyway, I may be prejudiced, but I think he is a great kid and I will certainly miss him when he leaves. What about you? I know you all have some overlooked, wonderful things in your life. What is your "Everyday Wonderful"?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Laura said...

I agree - Andy is a great kid, and an awesome brother. He can make me laugh like crazy and has the best facial expressions. I'm going to miss having him around too!

My Everyday (Summer) Wonderful would probably be pulling in the driveway and seeing my flowers blooming. An All Year Round Everyday Wonderful is coming home to Sofie and seeing her giddy excitement that I've finally returned!

Terri said...

I guess I take for granted the easiness of life - electricity, air conditioning, heat, etc... When we lose any of these things, life seems miserable. So many countries in the world don't have the luxury that we have in our country. And thinking of the 4th of July - we have so many more freedoms!

Cheri said...

My everyday wonderful would be health. Everytime I have a wierd ache or pain I'm always grateful for good health.

Anonymous said...

Definitely health, and also close friends and loved ones that are always there for you. I've learned never to take either one for granted.

Great picture of Andy!

Diane

Unknown said...

You are so right, we need to thank God for every little gift He gives us. Including our sometimes not so fun children, they are gifts too.