Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Works for me Wednesday




My tip for this week is for a quick cleanup of the inside of your microwave. I take a microwavable bowl and fill it half way with water. I sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of cinnamon (or another good smelling spice) in the water and stir it. I then microwave it till the water is boiling and let it boil for about 2 minutes. When I take it out the inside of the microwave is steamed up and is easily wiped down. The other benefit is that your kitchen smells like you have been baking!
For more ideas visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer

11 comments:

Kari said...

Awesome idea! I cant wait to try it!

Megan Cobb said...

That's a really great idea! I'm trying it tonight after dinner, for sure. Next week you'll need to write "WFMW: How to Satisfy The Craving for Cinnabons You Get Everytime You Use Your Microwave!" :) Good luck with that one, hee hee.

Marcia Francois said...

That's a great idea - I do it with lemon but since I love cinnamon, I should try it with your twist.

Organising Queen blog and
Take Charge blog

Marcia Francois said...

Oh my word, I'm with friedokra over there on the cinnabon

love cinnamon

Mrs. Jones said...

Great idea. I've tried lemon but never thought about cinnamon. thanks!

Laura said...

That's a great idea! I'll have to try it. Someone around this house likes to make chips and cheese frequently, so my microwave is none too clean!

Anonymous said...

Great idea - Thanks

mistihollrah said...

Great tip! I'm going to have to try that...love the smell of baking!

Anonymous said...

mari, you always were the clever and crafty one of the bunch... i love your blog great talkin with all of you again.

Sandra said...

This is an awesome idea and I have to clean my microwave so this is just perfect :)

Can't wait to try it.

Sandra♥

Marcia Francois said...

Well, I'm back to tell you I got so inspired by the cinnamon I made some apple and cinnamon yesterday. The whole kitchen smelt gorgeous!!!!

I'm blogging that healthy snack on the weekend!