Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy Fourth of July!

Wednesday is Independance Day, a day for those of us in the USA to celebrate our freedom. This year I have been thinking more than I have in the past about those who have given so much to allow for our freedom. It is one of those things that I have known, but not neccesarily taken to heart until it affected my own family. So, I will be thankful today for those who have given of their time with family and especially to those who have given their life for the good of the country. I am also thankful that God allowed me to be born in a place that allowed me to grow up knowing him and allows us to worship him publicly. This also brings to mind the ultimate freedom that we have as christians . Christ made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and it doesn't matter what country we live in. "If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" John 8:36. All we have to do is accept him and we will be free forever! That is the best Independance Day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great message... Have a wonderful day off....

Laura said...

I agree. We shouldn't take it for granted!

Saija said...

amen!

we can have all the luxories this world offers, and even do all that we want without fear of being jailed ... yet if we don't have Christ - we can never be truly free ...

lovely pic as well! it sounds like your 4th was blessed ... i'm so glad!!!