Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday

I am one of those people who uses a curling iron every morning. My hair isn't easy to curl, so I spray it with hairspray and then curl it. This works well for the hair, but doesn't have such great results on the curling iron! I was getting a buildup of gunk on it, that I couldn't get off. I tried several ways to remove it, but ended up throwing a few curling irons away because they looked disgusting and don't curl very well with an extra coating. I decided to try to keep it from building up. I now take a wet cloth and I wipe down the barrel of the iron right after I unplug it, so it is still hot. Make sure the cloth is several layers thick so you don't burn yourself. It only takes one swipe and a few seconds every morning and my curling iron stays looking like new!
If you want to find more great hints, go visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer

3 comments:

Laura said...

Great idea! My curling iron always gets gunky looking too!

Shawna said...

Thanks! Great solution.

My Trendy Tykes said...

Great tip!

Linda