Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

He's in the Army now!


It's been an interesting day. We spent the night in Lansing, in a big name hotel that left something to be desired. It wasn't awful, but I have sure stayed in better places! Andy called us at 8:20 am and said his ceremony would be starting at 9:00 am so to be there on time. We were there with plenty of time left, and then the waiting began. He said he was woken at 4:30, and was at the processing center by 6 am and he had been doing lots of "hurry up and wait". We finally got called in for the swearing in ceremony around 9:45. The actual swearing in took less than 10 minutes. We couldn't take pictures at that time, but afterward they said we could. The problem was that Andy's group was supposed to leave by 10:15 and they were in a hurry. I snapped one picture, but it didn't turn out, so therefore, there are no pictures to post today. I know you are wondering "how did the crying girls do in our family?" Bob instructed us earlier to try and keep it together. (Do you really think we would let tears run down our faces, get runny noses and headaches if we could stop it?) We knew we had people praying for us, and we had prayed for dry eyes. I was doing pretty well until I heard the lady next to me start sniffling and then looked up to see a mom across the room totally sobbing. Well - you know how contagious this is. So, yes - I joined in. Misery loves company you know! However, I did pretty well for me. It was only a one kleenex cry! Laura and Heather were also good - just a few tears. We hugged Andy, told him we loved him and were proud of him and sent him on his way. Now we just have to wait for a call and I don't know when that will be, but we'll be happy to hear from him whenever.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Whoo-hoo, glad that that's done. I can't believe you only used 1 kleenex. I know I would have used more. I can't wait for you to hear from him so you can get addresses and find out some more info. Glad also that he met some other guys that he can "hang" with more. 9 more weeks and then full of excitement!!!

Saija said...

awww, (hugs) ... that is certainly a family change happening ...

i'm glad it was only a one kleenex cry - i had the headache ones too ...

and thank you for the most appropriate verse that you left on my blog! cool!