Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Works for me Wednesday



Today is works for me Wednesday and I am going to share something I have been doing for years. (Boy, I sound old when I say that!) I buy my groceries every 2 weeks because my husband is paid every other week. Before I go out, I plan 2 weeks worth of meals and write it down in one of those monthly planners that have a square for every day. I then make my grocery list accordingly. If something should come up, and we don't have a particular meal during that period, I insert it into the next 2 week schedule when I work on it. If I am having trouble thinking of something to make, I can look back a few months for ideas. I keep these planners near my recipe box in the kitchen and have a few years worth to look back at. I've also looked back at them to see when we have done something as a family, because if we are going to be going somewhere and aren't having supper at home, I write that down instead of a meal plan. I find this very helpful when I have worked, so I don't have to come home and figure out what's for supper!

If you want more idea's visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer, and don't forget to sign up for the free giveaway below!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do this too! Well, not the part about keeping all the planners, but I buy groceries every 2 weeks and plan our meals ahead of time so I know what groceries I need to get. It sounds like it would be a lot of work and that you would have to be super organized but I'm telling you that's not the case - IT CUTS DOWN ON THE STRESS!!! I hate trying to figure out what to have for meals 2 or more hours before we eat. Also, if my kids (or husband) ever want to know what's for lunch/dinner, they know that it'll be on the schedule. If I'm not home in time to start it, then they can get it started for me (that doesn't happen too often - but it could!).

Megan Cobb said...

OH OH! Me too, me too! Only I do it all online because you know, to do it on paper would require me to MOVE AWAY FROM MY BELOVED COMPUTER, a thought which frightens me to my core. Shannon didn't do the WFMW this week, did you notice? And I had a fun one, too. Ah well, there's always next time. Have a GREAT day, Mari!

Unknown said...

Hi!

I'm living in The Netherlands (Europe)

I'm so bad with planners.
We get groceries twice a week. So the fresh vegetables that are available are used.

Kim said...

The music that I had on my blog earlier today was this: http://www.sonific.com/gateway/artist/3681?album_id=3869&song_id=3869

Hope that this helps. I love it but this player only let me play one song. I found one earlier this evening that let me load a lot. Check it out if you want.

Thanks for visiting.

Unknown said...

ooh, mari, I thought I knew you but this organization is to much for me. I can't think ahead one minute let alone 2 weeks of meals...Lauri is right you are a smuck... :)