Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

He's on his way

The day that I've been dreading has come. It can be hard to cut those apron strings! For those of you that may not know our family, I will explain. Our son has joined the Army. He has been fascinated with planes from the time he was a very young child and always talked about doing something like this. He will be working on the Apache Helicopter and he is very excited about this. He feels this is where he is meant to be and we are very proud of him and this decision he has made to serve our country. However - we are really going to miss him. This morning he was picked up and will be taken to Lansing for his induction tomorrow. We will be driving there tonight and will witness his formal swearing in. He will then be going to South Carolina for 9 weeks of basic training, after which he will be in Virginia. I'll post pictures of tomorrows ceremony when we return. Thanks to all of you that are praying for him and us!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Terri said...

I was praying for you during this time. It still brings tears to my eyes. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow too. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys. You have all been on my mind a lot lately!!

Anonymous said...

Like I said on Laura's blog, I will be praying for you all, and I am very proud of him.

Megan Cobb said...

I know your support and pride will be an awesome source of strength and courage for him as he trains and learns. I'll pray, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you. Words fail me -- something I don't have often.

love, Diane

Cheri said...

You are all in our prayers. We are very proud of him but we will greatly miss him!

Unknown said...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, (God loves your son more than you do)lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, (God knows the plans He has for you & your son)and he will make your paths straight. (His ways are higher then ours) We are praying for you!!!

Cherie Nelson said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Anonymous said...

Mari, you are in my prayers. God is in control. trust....