Pages

Monday, March 13, 2023

Snow, and more snow

 I've told you about the crazy winter we are having and this weekend, it hit again.  One of our local weather forecasters said "Here in West Michigan we are having a weekly fish fry with a snow storm for Lent".  That feels about right, it seems we have a big snowstorm every Friday.

Last week we had a big snowstorm that came during the night Thursday night.  When we went to bed Thursday there was barely a dusting of snow.  When we woke up, this is what we found:

Our back yard




More in the back yard.



One of the things I so appreciate about my job is that when the roads are bad, they often have us work from home.  However, this was the last day for one of our scheduling people and they had planned a farewell luncheon.  So we slid into work!  The good thing was that every school in the area was closed, so traffic was much lighter than usual.
I took pictures along the way so you could come with me.  :)



This is my road, I had just pulled out from our house.




Most of the roads had this wet snow on them and were pretty slippery.  I saw one accident and one car that had gone off into a field.  I also had a truck lose control behind me and I thought I was going to get hit, but he ended up next to me.  I'm thankful for protection on the drive!



Everything was covered in snow and it was so pretty!




I go through this little town that isn't much more than one corner with a library, school, a few churches, and lots of farm land.  This is an old church building there that has been bought by a funeral home and is being renovated. They plan to keep the exterior like it is with those pretty stained glass windows.




Farms along the way.




More snowy roads...





And here I am at work.  Look at how much snow is on our picnic table!

The sun came out and it got a little warmer during the day, so my drive home was so much better!
I was really hoping this was the last big storm of the year, but guess what?  Sunday night we had another storm and it was a repeat of this one.  Later this week, temps are supposed to be in the 40's so this should all melt.

19 comments:

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well good grief, Mari, how bad would it have to get before they rescheduled a party??? I'm sorry you had to drive on hazardous roads! And wow, if I were you I'd be whispering in Bon's ear about taking a trip to South Carolina to hang out with a certain pirate. Haaahaahaha xoxo

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. Wow, that is quite a snow storm. This winter just won't quit. We have more rain and snow in the forecast for tomorrow through Thursday and we may get up to 1.5 inches are rain. We are hoping that most of the snow stays up in the mountains, but with all of this snow, there is sure to be flooding when the temperatures warm up and all that snow starts to melt. I am glad that you safe in your travels. You took some beautiful pictures and had a great attitude about it all. Stay safe and warm. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Beautiful scenes. My favorites are your yard. I'm so glad you did not get in a wreck!

Susan said...

I enjoyed all your beautiful pictures! I am glad you had a safe drive into work. I also enjoyed your dad's birthday pages.

Virtual Assistant in the City said...

My husband's from Michigan and he told me all about the snow. I can't imagine. I'm more of a tropics girl. Love the pics, though! Stay warm and safe! https://www.aboutlifeandlove.com/

Terri D said...

I am glad that truck got control and didn't hit you!! I don't miss that at all, Mari. Hoping you have seen the last of snow storms for a while!! Stay safe! xo

Donna said...

Wow! Those branches are SO loaded!
Hope you have 4wheel drive? Just be safe out there!
hugs
Donna

Jeanette said...

This time we only got a dusting but it seems to snow every day this month so far, even if it's just a little bit! Everyone in MI is going to be celebrating Spring if it ever gets here!

Pam said...

OH wow.....that is a lot of snow. Course here in Nashville TN we don't drive in that much snow cause our roads would not be in that good of shape. But beautiful

Changes in the wind said...

Thank you for taking us along with you so we could enjoy the sights but I would have been shaking in my boots to be driving.

Catherine said...

It’s beautiful, but to drive it is not the best!
Here we have temperatures going up and going down and today it is going down, it will soon be Spring but it is hard to believe. Hope the snow stops definitely.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful

Danielle's Heartfelt Home said...

I hate driving in the snow too but it sure does make everything look pretty!

Barbara said...

Although in the nearing 6 years since I said goodbye to Colorado I don't miss the snow, I do enjoy the pictures of it and you did an excellent job of capturing it.

I'm glad you were able to "slide" into work for that farewell party. Thanks for sharing!

Judy said...

Tho I'm starting to be done with snow, it still is pretty. Our snow is still hanging around, but it's supposed to get warmer in the next few days, so It probably will be gone soon.

Hootin Anni said...

I left a comment this morning...did it land in spam?

happyone said...

At least you could see some of the road. :)
The pictures are beautiful.
We got 8 inches of snow today and it's still snowing. We got lots of wind with it so the trees aren't snow covered.
Supposed to warm up tomorrow afternoon.

Michelle said...

A very pretty drive and you were brave to go! I enjoyed reading about your dad. Nice to see he enjoyed his dinner :)

Kim said...

Wow! You got a lot of snow! We got a small dusting, just enough to make it pretty.