Pages

Monday, March 6, 2023

Girly Fun

 We had Alaina and Ruby overnight last weekend and I have a few pictures to share of our fun.


The last time they were over, they were telling me about a treat they like that's a little twist on chips and cheese.  I didn't have any salsa in the house then, so Alaina wrote a note and put it on the fridge saying "get salsa"

They were very happy to find that I had gotten salsa and were excited to make their snack on Friday night.

Here's Alaina with her snack.  You spread a little cream cheese on a paper plate, put salsa over it and then sprinkle cheese on top.  Melt it in the microwave and eat with tortilla chips.



And here is Ruby getting hers ready.


We had a fun evening.  The next day Bob had to work, which always makes them sad.  However, they are very good at entertaining themselves while I get a few things done around the house.


Both girls love Legos and Alaina is showing me the beginning of a house she was building.  Ruby played with the Legos too, but she was getting ready when Alaina did this.


After I got my laundry going and started something in the crock pot, we did our craft for the day.
We made tiny little snowmen from little clay pots and wooden balls.
The pots and balls were painted white, then the ball was hot glued onto the bottom of the pot.  You turn it over and use a pipe cleaner for twig arms.  Then the girls had fun painting on a face, buttons and a scarf.  Two tiny pom poms and a wire made into earmuffs finished them off.




Here they are with their little snowmen.  Hopefully they are the last snowmen for the year!





And here's a closeup of their work.  I thought they did a great job picking colors and painting them!

After this we packed up to go home.  We picked up lunch and stopped by my Dad to eat it.  He and Ann are always happy to see the girls and the girls always share their fries with them.  It's so sweet!

21 comments:

Jean said...

How cute are those snowmen with the ear muffs!

I love that they enjoy stopping in with your dad and Ann!

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a nice weekend! Those tiny snowmen are darling! The salsa treat for chips sounds delicious. I will have to try that. You are such a fun grandma! Have a good week. See you again soon!

Hootin Anni said...

Loving the clay pot snowmen...the earmuffs are the 'crowning touch"!!

Latane Barton said...

Those two girls are so cute ... and smart! the dip looks so yummy and so easy to do. I know you'll have salsa handy from now on.

Donna said...

Aww! Your grangirls are So pretty! I know you enjoy having them around!
That snack sounds pretty good!
hugs
Donna

Suemn said...

You always have such great ideas for the girls in making a craft. Those snowmen are so cute. It's nice that you and the girls stopped to visit with your dad and Anne. I hope they showed their completed crafts to them:)

Judy said...

The girls snack sounds yummy, and those snowmen are adorable. It's wonderful your granddaughters love spending time at your home.

Jeanette said...

How cute those little snowmen are! Looks like a fun time and good snacks!

Catherine said...

Those little snowmen are a good idea they are very cute. The girls did a good job!

Sparky said...

That looks like such fun. Such very lucky girls.
God bless to you all. xx

Debi said...

I love reading about your visits with Alaina and Ruby. They did a great job on the snowmen! I hope you are right about the snowmen being your last of the season... that would work here though, especially we are supposed to get another storm this week! Will it never end?? Tell Alaina that her snack is sometimes what we have for dinner... it's great on football watching days! Enjoy the rest of your week!

happyone said...

Always lots of fun at your house.

Debby said...

Love the little snowpeople. That snack looks good.

Sally said...

I'm always so glad to see the girls! They are growing and still so so cute. You always find crafts for them to make and they do wonderfully.

Wish I could get Rylan off her phone talking to her boyfriend (she's 11, crazy I know lol) Jase stays busy playing with Sailor from next door. She's always happy to play every other week with him. :)

xoxo

Terri D said...

Gosh, the girls are making their own snacks now. Growing up much too fast but still adorable and sweet. I love the little snowmen they made. Cute idea!! Thanks for sharing the good times, Mari!! I'm going to try that snack!! xo

Kim said...

Adorable girls making adorable snowmen!! What a fun day.

Mandy said...

Oh, how sweet! The little snowmen are so cute and the girls are precious. You are such a fun grandma! 😀

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Ooohh - I'm in on that snack! My kinda yummy. They are such sweet girls and growing up so very fast! And those snowmen are beyond adorable...but agree on last ones of the season!!! Lol

Great-Granny Grandma said...

These two girls are so pretty, and that looks like a yummy snack. I don't have a microwave though. Wonder if it can be done in a toaster oven?

Those snowmen are adorable.

Doris said...

Ohh, I would love that snack! The snowmen are so cute. You always come up with the best, Mari!

Jenny the Pirate said...

The snowmen are brilliant! Another successful overnight visit. I love how you share your time with them. xoxo