Pages

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Little moments, fun memories

Here's a few fun moments from my last week.

I had Tuesday off and Heather asked if I would go with her to run a few errands. She watches a 7 month old baby, so getting out with the baby and Cassie can be an ordeal.  We ran the errands in good time, then picked up some Chik-fil-A for lunch and took it to her house to eat.


Here's Cassie, enjoying her lunch.




And here she is showing me a chick cookie I had picked up for her at Target.




On Friday night, Alaina and Ruby spent the night.  We had supper at Red Robin.  The girls were showing the green they wore for St Patrick's Day.




When we got home, Alaina helped me make a treat.  She did a great job.  I'll share the recipe for this later this week.



While Alaina was working in the kitchen, Ruby was making a fort out of the couch cushions.




On Saturday, we stopped at my Dad and Ann's on the way home to drop off some fun things the girls made.  They are always happy to see Alaina and Ruby,  and the girls love to see Great Grandpa and Great Grandma too.


Also on Saturday was this. Yet another snowstorm on the weekend.  On Friday the temp was 31 when we went to bed, 18 degrees with lots of wind and more snow. I heard on the news, that this snowstorm put us at the 3rd highest snowfall on record for the season.  

This week we are supposed to have temps in the 50's so we are all hoping that this is the last snow for the season.  I don't need to break any more records!  :)

19 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The girls always love going to your house so much. Cassie is growing so fast!!

Kim said...

Another snowstorm? My goodness!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Winter just won't quit. We have more snow in the forecast for the first week of spring, but hopefully, most of the snow will stay in the mountains. Everyone is starting to worry what will happen when all that snow in the mountains melts and comes down. You have darling granddaughters. So glad you had some fun together this past week. Have a good week. See you again soon! P.S. I made that chili with maple syrup again today. Charly requested it for Sunday dinner, and it was delicious - again! You have some of the best recipes ever!

Susan said...

Hi Mari, I am glad you got to spend time with your grand girls. You sure get a lot of snow. We have had record breaking rain here in So CA and snow in the mountains. We need it. I am sure glad I don't have to drive into work anymore. People can't drive in the rain on the freeways. Enjoy your week!

Terri D said...

Oh my gosh, those sweet, sweet faces!! Cassie looks like a little lady instead of a baby. I barely remember one of my great-grandmas so what a blessing for the girls to have your dad and Anne to cherish! Looking forward to Thursday's recipe!! Thanks for sharing the love. I'm ignoring that snow picture! xo

Donna said...

Oh that snow! I hope it warms up soon for you!
Aww...the girlz! How fun having them over for a visit...
hugs
Donna

Hootin Anni said...

Cassie is a doll. Red is definitely "her" color!!
Love the fort...brought back some memories of MY youth.

I do hope this WAS the last snowfall of the season.

happyone said...

Wow that is one BIG cookie!! :)

Billie Jo said...

What fun you have with those little ones! I bet they love coming to see you! Happy spring, my friend! I hope that is the last of the snowstorms for you for a while!!!

Pam said...

Oh how much fun...looks like you all had a great time.

DUTA said...

The girls are pure happiness! Cassie is the raisin on the cake.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Your grand-girlies are all so adorable! I feel your paiin with the snow. So hoping it will be done SOON!

Catherine said...

I saw on tv the snowstorms you are having I hope it will stop for Spring day! It is nice to have the girls cook and Cassie is always so sweet!

Jeanette said...

Definitely not the kind of records we want! Such fun with the grand daughters! Keeping my fingers crossed that we have seen the last of the accumulating snow! I say accumulating because it always seems to snow at least once in April!

Judy said...

All 3 kiddos are so adorable. Oh no not another snowstorm, we dogged that one for sure, we did wake up to a light snow but nothing to worry about.

Sally said...

Your girls, all three, are growing up too fast. I think I mentioned that before. They always have such fun at your house. The weather? Lawsy mercy, that's frightening not being able to see! Although we live in FL, we've had some really cold (for us) here. I'll be glad when Spring really springs. :)

xoxo

The Happy Whisk said...

Snow and sunshine, it's all over the place here. Love the week you had. So sweet!

Jean said...

Ugh, the sight of that wind blowing gives me anxiety! I do hope Spring will come to stay soon - for you and for me.

What fun with all your granddaughters! Such cute pictures!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Mari, that SNOW! Brrrrrrr I do NOT know how you stand it. Mercy. It has been "chilly" here too, but that means you need a sweater, haaahaha! Casssiieeeee! I love that little face and how BIG she is getting! What a dollbaby. The girls looked marvelous in their Irish green and Alaina is adept in the kitchen? That's fantastic! I think kids need to learn practical skills along with their book studies! You'll need cooking more than you'll need algebra. Precious times with your dad and Ann ... as I write this I know he's in heaven so the pictures are all the more poignant. Praying for you all! xoxo