Pages

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Cooking Thursday

 Have you heard of the recipe called Marry Me Chicken?  I haven't tried it but the story is that it's so good, you'll get a proposal if you serve it.  :)  Well, I saw a recipe that was a twist on that, but it was made into a dip.
You can do this one in the oven or in a mini crock pot.  I used my little crock pot and it worked well.
So the next time you need a dip recipe, here's one for you to try!



Marry Me Chicken Dip

1 lb shredded chicken breast1/2 cup of chicken broth1/2 tsp each of pepper, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, and thyme1/2 cup of chopped sun dried tomatoes1 tablespoon minced garlic1/2 cup of sour cream1 cup of Parmesan cheese + more for topping1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese + more for topping1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened4 pieces of bacon choppedSpray a baking dish with cooking spray ( 7x11 baking dish)*Add chicken, chicken broth, and all seasoningsAdd chopped sun dried tomatoesStir in minced garlic, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and block of cream cheeseStir everything together wellBake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutesRemove dip from oven and stir wellSprinkle a little bit of Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and chopped up bacon over topBake for about 10 more minutesServe with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, or naan

*You can also put all ingredients into a mini crock pot, cook on low for 3-4 hours, then sprinkle the extra parmesan, mozzarella and the bacon over top, put cover on and let cheese melt.

15 comments:

Donna said...

Thanks Mari! I'm all the time searching for dips that the family might like...this looks like a good one!!
hugs
Donna

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Suemn said...

Yum, this dip looks really good.

Catherine said...

I am hungry! All very good ingredients.
Hope the weather is getting better soon take good care.

happyone said...

Oh that looks good.
I tried shredding chicken with an electric mixer and it was terrific - didn't know if you read on my blog that I tried your tip!!
Thanks so much for that tip!!

Sparky said...

This recipe does sound so good! We've been substituting chicken breasts for thighs, though. For me they have more flavor and are not dry. I'm gonna have to try this one. Thanks for sharing. xx

Sally said...

Wow! I could go for that. Looks like more of a dip; looks like a meal. :)

xoxo

Hootin Anni said...

I'm thinking this would be good served atop noodles too!

Debby said...

I never heard of Marry Me Chicken. Must be good. That dip looks good as well.

My Tata's Cottage said...

Love dip recipes. YUM YUM YUM! Thank you. Enjoy your weekend.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This sounds incredible! I have heard of marry me chicken but never mad it either. Lol

Kim said...

I'm intrigued by your mini crock pot! I'm off to Amazon to check one out.

Judy said...

Another recipe I will be making. This would be great on a quilt retreat.

Terri D said...

This sounds and looks delicious!! Thanks, Mari!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Gracious that sounds like magic in a pan! I don't need a proposal but I'll probably make it anyway, haahaa xoxo