Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2022

Thanksgiving

 I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving Day. I've been praying for several of you who were sick and couldn't gather with friends or family, and for others for whom this day was hard for a variety of reasons.
I wanted to share a few pictures of my day.  We were gathering with my side of the family.  It's a lot of people and we usually gather at our house, but in the family room downstairs.  Because our numbers are getting bigger and because it's harder for my Dad to get downstairs, we used our church for the gathering.  I've shared before that my Dad is on Hospice.  We didn't expect to be having him with us this Thanksgiving, so this is something we were all thankful for.


Everyone brought something!  We had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, brussels sprouts, corn, green bean casserole, salad, and later pie.  No one went hungry!





Dad and Ann - they really enjoyed the meal.





The whole gang!  We were missing Andy and Nikki in KY, my niece Halle in NY, and my niece Katelyn's husband Nathan who was sick.





Andrew, Heather and Cassie





Aaron, Laura, Alaina and Ruby







Cassie's shirt said "tiny turkey"





Alaina told me to take this picture because they were all posed so nice!





Laura brought along this beautiful flower arrangement she made for my birthday.






Alaina and Ruby also made some things for me.






and they also drew me some pictures.  :)






We took some pictures.  This is my siblings and I with our dad, in order of birth.  Me, my brother Duane, sister Terri and sister Cheri.





Here's Dad and Ann with most of the grandkids and great grandkids.






Then we played some virtual reality games.  
What a fun day, and a reminder of how much I have to be thankful for.

24 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. What a wonderful Thanksgiving! What a blessing that your dad is still with you. Looks like a wonderful dinner and time with family. Great family pictures. Have a good week. See you again soon.

Terra said...

You had fun with your gathering of so many relatives and a blessing your dad was there. Nice you used the church hall, that would be crowded in a house.

Mandy said...

Your Thanksgiving gathering looks so wonderful! What fantastic pictures ya’ll took! Your dad looks really good. What a blessing to be able to spend the day with your people. 😊

Ginny Hartzler said...

Such happy and fun family photos! And what a blessing to have your Dad there. He is always smiling whenever I see him on your blog. Your church fellowship hall is huge! And so much yummy looking food!

roentare said...

This is such a big family here. Great crowd and wonderful family time

Susan said...

Hi Mari, what a special family gathering with your dad. The grands by the fireplace is such a cute picture! I have never tried a virtual game like that, but I want to. Thanks for sharing!

Anni said...

Beautiful...this all warms my heart and soul.

DUTA said...

Your pictures are a great display of your beautiful family presided by your ever smiling Dad!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Changes in the wind said...

Looks like it was a great day and so glad you had your Dad with you.

16 blessings'mom said...

Well that's so nice you could all get together, your dad looked very happy. Those little granddaughters of yours are treasures, and I love the gifts they made for you, you are supreme, so cute!!! Happy belated birthday:)
Della

Deb said...

Looks like a nice Thanksgiving! I like the idea of gathering somewhere with space and ease. I wonder if my family would start getting together again if we started doing that.

Jeanette said...

Fun day with a beautiful family, made extra special by the presence of your dad!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Your birthday? Happy Belated Birthday!!!

A lovely, lovely gathering...

No did not know your Dad is on Hospice. He looks the picture of health, for his age.

We were finally able to gather family, for Thanksgiving, at older son's home and it was amazing, to do so, again. Others have gathered for Holidays, but we old folks were always afraid. And had our dinners brought over to us. So this was amazing!

🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄 🎄

happyone said...

That was a great idea to have it at your church. So much more room. Looks like a wonderful time. So nice that everyone brought something and no had ALL the work to do.

Beth Cotell said...

It looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving! And I'm so glad your dad was able to attend. What a blessing!

Sally said...

Happy belated birthday, Mari!

Looks like all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, yes, a lot to be thankful for, for sure. The children, as always, look so cute and sweet.

I didn't know your dad is on Hospice; if I did, I forgot (this little spell of dementia is settling in) But, my prayers are with him and all of you.

xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

You have such a big beautiful family Mari. Looks like it was another lovely Thanksgiving in the books. ;)

Suemn said...

Aww, it looks like you all had such a fun time getting together this Thanksgiving. It's so nice that Anne and your dad were able to attend:)

Billie Jo said...

Beautiful family, my friend. So glad you all could gather, and your Daddy was there to see all the love.

Terri D said...

A thankful and memorable day for all, Mari. I love that you all get together like this each year. SO important. Blessings!!! xo

Jenny the Pirate said...

What a good time was had by all, and I'm so glad that your dad and Ann were able to be there together. God bless him! He just keeps on going. The girls certainly were posed so pretty for their picture! And the shots of you and your siblings with your dad are precious! xoxo

Catherine said...

You have a big family and I am glad for you that most of them could come. What a nice moment to remember !

Julieann said...

That was amazing. Your gatherings are huge and so happy!!!!!

Julieann xo