Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2022

A Day in my Life; November

 November! Most of you know how I love the warm weather and dread seeing cold weather come back.  However, we have been blessed with the most beautiful Autumn, both with the most stunning colors I've seen in some time, and also lovely weather.
November 1 was another of those days.  It was a wonderful day for me.  I had the day off work, but I got so much done at home!  I felt very accomplished when the day was done.



I slept in until a little after 8, such a nice treat!  When I got up it was very misty outside.




I started off by going downstairs and walking on the treadmill.  I also started a load of laundry while I was down there.




Then I had some breakfast and spent a little time doing this bible study we are doing in Sunday School.





Then it was time to get to work!  Our small group was coming for dinner after church on Sunday, and I was going to be gone on a shopping trip with my sisters on Friday to Saturday.  So, the cleaning of the house had to be done on this day off!
I cleaned the stove, vacuumed and then mopped all the floors.




Here's a little tip for you.  I was cleaning the bathroom and wanted to put these bottles in the dishwasher to make them sparkle.  I took this picture so it would be easy to remember how I had them arranged when I was ready to put them back.




I also put these globes from the dining room into the dishwasher.




I cleaned the tub and finished cleaning the main bathroom.




Back in the dining room, I noticed the sun was out and it was looking so pretty in the back yard.




I made a couple of freezer meals.  This one is so easy to mix together and it's nice to have it ready to go.  Excuse the picture - I forgot to get one until it was in the freezer.




The second load of laundry is done.




I washed the windows in the living room.  While I was doing that, it looked like it was raining leaves, they were coming down so fast. 




I also mixed up some Chai tea.  It's a favorite here when it's cool out, and is quick and easy to mix up.




I went out to bring out the trash and get the mail.  It was 65 degrees!  Just perfect weather.




Bob's been blowing leaves every few days. He did it on Saturday and this is what things are looking like on Tuesday.




I left the house close to 3pm to have my hair cute.  I had a few stops to make on the way, and I enjoyed my drive to Grand Haven.  Open fields and farmland make me happy!




I got a much needed haircut.  That always feels good!




Bob had a men's event at church and was having supper there, so I stopped at this place my hairdresser told me about, that was close by.  It's called the Toasted Pickle and they have very good sandwiches. I got a toasted turkey sandwich and took it home to eat.








A few pretty scenes from my drive home.



I got home and enjoyed my sandwich.



After I ate, I did a little more cleaning.  My dresser and nightstand tend to collect things!  I sorted through it all and dusted everything.

Then it was time to relax!  I sat down and did some list making for the Christmas shopping trip on Friday, then watched The Voice.

Bob got home about 8:30 and we headed for bed about 10:30.

It was a very good day!  The house is clean, some cooking got done, my hair is cut and I got to enjoy some Fall beauty!
 



26 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Mari. Sounds like a really good and productive day! I always enjoy your first day of the month posts. It's so fun to follow you through your day. Your house looks so lovely - all ready to host your small group! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Susan said...

Hi Mari, I enjoyed all your pictures! Beautiful fall colors! You sure got a lot done! Enjoy your week!

Jan said...

Sounds like a good day-the leaves are beautiful!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You have a lot of energy. The view of your yard is beautiful. And my favorite pic of all is the one right after The Toasted Pickle. I hope your shopping trip was a huge success!

Debby said...

Nice post. I enjoyed walking with you through your day

Mandy said...

Such beautiful pictures and you got a lot done! Sounds like a perfect day!

roentare said...

I really envy you to have out of window autumn views just like that. The haircut chair and its decor are sheer outstanding!

Hootin Anni said...

What you did in one day would take me an entire week!!! Such beautiful colors of Autumn!!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Mari-so much done and you had time to relax. I'm retired now so virtually every day is for relaxation...I now wonder when I had time to go to work in the Factory...the days now don't seem long enough. Best Wishes. KEV.

Suemn said...

Whew! You sure got a lot done. It was so fun sharing the pictures that you captured during your day.

DUTA said...

You seem to be very good at combining work with pleasure.
Autumn is the season of beautiful colors and falling leaves - and the two are both present in your post.

Sandy said...

Whew........you packed a lot in on your day off. Lots of cleaning. We've had several days lately with the fog like that in the morning and like you, we've had nicer weather than is normal. I too hate to see summer come to and end. Just not a fan of winter. I love Chai, how do you make it?
<a href="https://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2022/11/knitting-voting-georia-tann-scandal-and.html?>Sandy's Space</a>

Jeanette said...

Looks like a great day! Yes, the weather has been absolutely beautiful. If only it would continue for another month or two! I once took a picture of my computer keyboard so I could pop all the keys off and give it a good cleaning. Then the picture was right there on the screen while I put the keys back!

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

Hi, Mari!
That was indeed a productive day! And that was a good tip, about the bottles. That way, there is no mistake in puting them back the way they were.
Have a wonderful week!
:)

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I don't know what age you are, but you certainly are a "whirl wind"!!!! I am exhausted, just reading this.

Lucky you!!!!!

��������������

16 blessings'mom said...

Ah, so nice to clean the light globes and shine everything up! Those fall pics look so nice, they could be puzzles! I hope you had a nice dinner with company...I always go through stages when we have company: excitement, extreme dread, then after getting all cleaned up and ready, tentative excitement mixed with dread that I won't get everything done or I'll burn something, then the fun! Then relief, and thankfulness that I did it. :). I'm glad you had time to relax, there's nothing like it after a good day's work.

R's Rue said...

Your view is beautiful

Michelle said...

A woman on a mission....I like it! Nothing quite like a good, productive day to make you feel great.

happyone said...

A busy and productive day for you.
I always feel good after a good days work of cleaning the house.
I have a bottle collection too but don't have a dish washer to clean them. :)

Terri D said...

I am enjoying The Voice again this season! You accomplished a lot more on your day off than I did on Saturday and Sunday. I have dinner guests coming on Friday so I have some dusting and mopping to do this week. I love that you and your sisters do a Christmas shopping trip each year. So fun!! Have a great week! xo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sounds like it was an absolutely perfect day dear Mari! Your home is so lovely and inviting. I hope your shopping trip was super successful! 😉 Blessings xoxo

Mari said...

For those who asked about the Chai tea, here's the recipe. I make it often for gifts at Christmas too,

https://marislittlecorner.blogspot.com/2021/11/cooking-thursday_01618537363.html

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I love these posts, and I enjoyed spending the day with you! You are amazing and certainly inspired me to get going! Love the tips you shared too! Have a cozy evening, my friend!

Jenny the Pirate said...

First ... don't you love those misty fall mornings? And for perfect weather to develop as the day goes on, with leaves raining down -- ugh it's just about too much to take in. Second ... I'm glad you got your hair cute *grin* ... I get my hair cute in a shed (well; I did ... my hairdresser texted this morning to say that he is retiring ... he has cut my hair for 18 years but he'll be 73 in January so I guess it was to be expected, but still ... what am I going to do?) with lots of natural wood and one chair, too. Third ... I can't believe there is no picture of The Pirate on your dresser. Hmmmmm xoxo

Catherine said...

So much done in a day! Beautiful Fall pictures

Sally said...

Okay, Mari, you have made me tired reading all that you accomplished. It makes me remember back when I was your age doing all that. In fact, when my daughter was young, we spent Saturday cleaning with laundry etc,then it was off to see what we could get into. :)

xoxo