Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Cooking Thursday

Here's a great recipe for Thanksgiving leftovers.  I saw this recipe on Thanksgiving and since I had several of these things left over, decided to try it.  It was so good!  It will definitely be made again.


Leftover Turkey Casserole

4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup turkey stock
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 box Stove Top Stuffing
1 cup water (or can use turkey stock if you have it)
4 tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped or shredded turkey
1 can corn, drained
1 can green beans, drained

In medium saucepan, heat butter until melted. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until smooth.  Whisk in turkey stock and heavy cream and heat until thickened.  Stir in cheese until melted.
In medium bowl, stir together stuffing mix, one cup water (or turkey stock) and the second 4 tablespoons butter. Place in microwave for 4 minutes.
In large bowl, stir together turkey, corn and beans. Reserved one cup stuffing and mix the rest with the turkey mix. Stir in cheese sauce.
Place this in crock pot or into greased 7x11 pan.
Sprinkle remaining stuffing over top.
Cook on low for 4 hours, or in 350-degree oven for 35 minutes.  Bake covered with foil if using oven, and uncover for the last 10 minutes.

*This recipe is very flexible; you can use chicken and chicken stock instead of turkey.  You can use left-over vegetables, and can use carrots or peas instead of or in addition to the veggies listed.
Enjoy!

14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I have made something very similar with turkey leftovers and it is delicious!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks so yummy, and can use up so many leftovers!

Catherine said...

It looks very good. It is sometimes difficult to use the leftovers from Xmas this is a good idea thanks for sharing.

Hootin Anni said...

Looks delicious.

Jeanette said...

That looks delicious even though I'm over turkey for a while!

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, Thanks for the recipe. I just finished the last of the Thanksgiving turkey yesterday but I see that chicken can be used in place of turkey so I will be giving this recipe a try:)

Sandi said...

Yum!

happyone said...

Sounds good.

Terri D said...

Yum! Another keeper!! Thanks, Mari!

Doris said...

That does sound delicious! I always have to ponder a recipe To figure out substitutions (GF) but it's usually possible.

Kim said...

Mmm... I love Thanksgiving leftover recipes. Thanks for sharing!

Suemn said...

Mari, I have to tell you that I made this on Saturday using chicken and I LOVE it! Thank you so much for the recipe.

Mari said...

Suemn - I'm so glad you liked it. We thought it was so good too!

Suemn said...

Hi Mari, I am making this again for the 3rd time. I use the canned chicken that Costco sells so it's very easy for me to make. I think that this is my all time favorite recipe from you:)