Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 It's definitely cooling off here, making it good soup weather!
Today's recipe is for Chicken Noodle Soup, with a little twist; it's creamy.  It's also very tasty, is made in the crock pot and is perfect for a cold night.


Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

1 Rotisserie chicken
4 stalks celery, chopped
4 large carrots, chopped
1 1/2 cups water
32 ounce carton chicken stock
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon minced onion
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
1 bag egg noodles

Place whole cooked chicken and any broth that's in the container with it.  Add the celery, carrots and water.  Cook on low for about 4 hours or until chicken is falling off the bone.  Remove chicken from crock pot and allow to cool.
Add chicken stock, cream of chicken soup, milk, onion, basil. thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper to ingredients in crockpot.
When chicken is cool, remove meat from the bone and shred it.  Stir in into the other ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for another 4-5 hours.
About 45 minutes before serving, boil noodles as directed on package.  Drain and stir into soup.  Enjoy!

17 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks delicious!

Debby said...

Looks so good. I seem to always have bad luck with chicken noodle soup - mainly with the noodles. They get mushy. This recipe sounds good especially with the rotisserie chicken. Definitely a meal.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds really good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Kim said...

Oh. I wish I had spoon to scoop a bite from your picture right now!! Yum!!

Michelle said...

This looks good and I will be trying it. Thanks for sharing, as I am always on the lookout for something new to cook.

Deb said...

Yummy! I really need to start using my crockpot more.

Debi said...

That looks delicious! I'm going to copy it and give it a try... it looks like a real stick to your ribs soup!

Terri D said...

Yummy!! Looks and sounds delicious! Thanks, Mari! xo

Barbara said...

We had chicken noodle soup from the Instant Pot a few nights ago. Mine did not have a creamy feature -- that sounds so good!

happyone said...

Chicken Noodle, one of my favorites. Yours looks delicious.

Connie said...

Yum! That goods amazing! I'm having soup for dinner tonight. There's nothing better on a cold evening than a big hot bowl of soup. I woke up to 14 degrees this morning, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Jenny the Pirate said...

A bowlful of that would give me a warm fuzzy feeling for sure! xoxo

Doris said...

Love using rotisserie chicken. And a crock pot!! I can make this GF with very little trouble. Thanks for sharing it!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh this is a keeper! 😋

Sally said...

Delish! Thanks for the recipe, Mari. I might 'try' to make this and shock the family. :)

xoxo

kate smith said...

Thank you for the recipe - this looks yummy! I wonder if the noodles could be added in with the broth, etc. or maybe for just the last 2 hours. I love to stick to one pot when possible!

Mari said...

Kate - I've never tried that but I bet it would work!