Pages

Monday, April 4, 2022

Saturday with the girlies

I have to share a few more pics of our time with the girls.
Bob had to work on Saturday, but Alaina often hears him get up and sits with him while he has breakfast.  This was a surprise I found on my camera when I went to download my pics.


An early morning selfie of the two of them!



After Ruby got up, they had breakfast and got dressed.  Then they were anxious to play on the Wii again.


They played a few games of bowling, and then we did some games from our Family Game Night set - Life and Clue.  I am sure they will be asking again the next time they come as they really had fun with it.




Then it was time for a craft.




I saw a cute idea on making bunnies with styrofoam balls and q-tips.




However - ours were not looking at all cute, and we decided to give up on them.  




They were good sports and laughed about it.  Hopefully the next craft works out better!




Then we loaded everything up and set out for Great Grandpa and Grandma's house.


We picked up McDonalds and they shared fries with Great Grandpa and Grandma.




My Dad is doing really well, and plans to go back to bowling on Tuesday.  Of course, he and Ann were happy to see the girls.




We made one more stop on the way home, to get flowers for their family.  I didn't mention it earlier, but Friday was a terribly sad day for them as they had to put their dog down.  Remie was 15 years old.  She was a rescue that Laura and Aaron got shortly after they were married.  The girls have never known life without her and they loved her dearly.  So this was very hard for the whole family.



Here's the pretty flowers we picked out.  The girl in the shop was very sweet and was talking to the girls the whole time.  She didn't know the reason for the flowers, but said, to wait a minute when we were done, and then came out with a rose for each of them.

They were happy to get their own flower!



And here it is, the end of the day, and looks what is happening!  More snow!  It's Spring Break week here, but the weather isn't sounding like it's going to be an outside week.  More snow is predicted...  but we do finally have some crocus blooming at our house, so there is the promise of Spring!

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good grief, even more snow! It was so sweet of you to buy them flowers. The loss of a beloved pet is so very hard. There are clocks in two of your shots, so I can see what time you were all doing things!

Hootin Anni said...

How terribly sad to lose a fur baby!!
Snow snow go away. The girls wanna go out and play!!!
It's so good to read your father is once again well.

Changes in the wind said...

Cute pictures with the girls but so sorry for the loss of there dog. It hurts a lot.

Debby said...

How special for the girls to know their great grandparents! Nice to see your dad. Sounds like a really nice weekend.

Kerin said...

Happy to know that your dad is doing well!
It's nice that you were able to spend time with the girls and laugh about the silly rabbit craft.
Sorry about the loss of their sweet fur baby.
It is hard on our hearts to lose four-legged family members.
We had to put our beloved Rowdy to sleep last Friday, and I still feel just awful.
I keep trying to focus on how blessed we were to have him in our lives and for 14 years :)

Warm wishes
~K.

Suemn said...

So glad to hear that your dad is feeling well enough to go bowl. That's terrific. Sorry to hear about the loss of Remie. I know it's really hard to go through something like that and it was so thoughtful of you to give your sister and her family flowers as a gesture of wanting to ease their loss. The yellow roses the flower lady gave to your granddaughters are so pretty. I, like you, am waiting for the nice sunny spring weather. No crocus blooming here yet and we still have some more of that white stuff forecast for later this week.

Terri D said...

I am very sorry and sad about the loss of the family pup. It is always hard. So happy your dad is feeling so good!! The girls are so sweet and those times with their great-grands are so special. Hard for me to believe y'all up north are getting snow in April. I know you and others across the north are seeing snow but I am so far removed from cold and snow now that it is hard for me to even think about it. I always enjoy my visits to your blog, Mari! xo

Jenny the Pirate said...

SNOW! Oh, Mari ... and I can hardly bear the thought of a family dog being put down. I'm so sorry. Andrew and Brittany are facing that within just a few days, with poor old Rambo. I wish there was something I could do. Your flowers for the family were so lovely. I'm so glad your dad feels well enough to go bowling. xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

It wouldn't be a Grandma stay without a craft. Lol Good or bad 😉 I love how much you enjoy your grandkiddos. 💗
I'm so sorry to hear about their loss. Those furry family members are true family all the way. Losing them is so painful. Hugs and love to them all! Love that you got flowers. What a sweet idea.
Blessings on the rest of your week! xoxo

Linda said...

Such lovely photos. P.S. No snow here, but hot, hot, hot and no ac. We have fans though. Smiles

LL Cool Joe said...

Haha you are never too old for a McDonald's Happy Meal!

So sorry about the loss of the family dog. That's never easy. The flowers were a lovely idea.

Tracy dixon said...

Looks like yall had fun. I love doing crafts with my granddaughters

Connie said...

I can't believe your weather. I sure hope the fruit trees haven't started to blossom. I always enjoy seeing photos of your granddaughters working on their crafts . . . good wholesome fun and not glued to a media device :)

Kim said...

So sorry to hear about their pup, the flowers were a sweet idea. It's tough to lose a pet you've had your whole life.