Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Cooking Thursday

 I have a new recipe to share with you that my sister said I had to try.  She was right - it's so good!  Bob said even the leftovers were good!  So, if you are looking for something different to do with chicken, give this a try.  We had this with a salad and french bread, but it would be a good one to take to a potluck too.


Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

21 oz condensed cream of chicken soup ( 2 x 10.5 oz cans)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 tsp poppy seeds
Topping
2 cups crumbled Ritz crackers
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp poppy seeds

Preheat oven to 350F.
Dump the cream of chicken soup into a large mixing bowl.
Add the sour cream, salt and pepper to the bowl.
Stir well.
Add the shredded chicken to the bowl.
Stir until all of the chicken is coated in the soup mixture.
Add the shredded mozzarella, shredded parmesan and poppy seeds to the bowl.
Stir well again.
Dump the chicken mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
Pour the crumbled Ritz crackers into a mixing bowl.
Add the melted butter and poppy seeds to the bowl.
Stir well with a fork.
Sprinkle the Ritz mixture on top of the chicken mixture in the baking dish.
Place the dish in the oven and bake until the casserole is bubbling and the crackers are starting to brown. 24-27 minutes.
Remove the casserole from the oven and leave it to sit for a few minutes before scooping and serving.

15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

It looks wonderful, and I have not seen it before!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thanks for the idea for Sunday dinner! I love it!

Sandi said...

So much yum!

Hootin Anni said...

I will definitely try this!!!

KEV. Robertson. said...

I could easily try your Recipe MARI - very clear instructions. Thanks. KEV.

Suemn said...

I think I may give this recipe a try today IF I get to the grocery store for some of the ingredients. Thanks for posting it.

Linda said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YUMMMMMMMM I might have to try this with the folks we live with, smiles.

Cheryl’s Sunlit Pathway said...

Looks great thank you!

Sparky said...

Bet that's yummy.
Blessings. xx

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

This sounds really good! I love poppyseed anything. But especially a unique savory dish sounds really yummy. 😋

Jenny the Pirate said...

WOW. Copied and pasted into my recipe file. I will for sure be trying this. My family will love it because we never met a chicken we didn't take to. Thanks, Mari! xoxo

Kim said...

Wow, this looks good. I love chicken...

Terri D said...

YUM! I will host my small group next month and this just might be what I will make for them. Thanks for sharing! xo

Debby said...

looks good. Thanks for the recipe.

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...made this for dinner tonight. Bud's doing the cooking dishes now. lol

Also, been meaning to ask you...have you received your porch chairs yet?